• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

quadracer

100cc
Well... The 40" EPP went in... Lol ... I lost motor power in a KE Spin. I was too low to pull out and land...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U818u6MRcyo

^ motor issue (I think it's the wires)
Yup, you've got a phase not making connection.

I want to remind everyone to practice safe flying and working on your planes. I had an incident with my Yak today that was 100% avoidable, had I been thinking. I botched a hover, and set the radio down to straighten the gear a bit. The wind caught the tail, which blew around and hit the throttle. I managed to grab the prop and stop it, but not before it left a 3/4" slice in my middle finger, right beside my nail, that went all the way to the bone. It also got my index finger, but not nearly the degree my middle finger got it. A fistful of napkins later I got the bleeding stopped, and my brother's girlfriend (who ironically happens to be a paramedic) dressed me up. Thank you, Lori.

Keep your wits about you guys, even a 14x7 can do number on you.

Yup, you've got a phase not making connection.

I want to remind everyone to practice safe flying and working on your planes. I had an incident with my Yak today that was 100% avoidable, had I been thinking. I botched a hover, and set the radio down to straighten the gear a bit. The wind caught the tail, which blew around and hit the throttle. I managed to grab the prop and stop it, but not before it left a 3/4" slice in my middle finger, right beside my nail, that went all the way to the bone. It also got my index finger, but not nearly the degree my middle finger got it. A fistful of napkins later I got the bleeding stopped, and my brother's girlfriend (who ironically happens to be a paramedic) dressed me up. Thank you, Lori.

Keep your wits about you guys, even a 14x7 can do number on you.

Yeah... It's 3DHS's solder on the bullet. (Omega 72G's bullet connector...)

Sorry to hear about your finger man! Get better!

quadracer

100cc
My blue and yellow Yak now has red accents all over it. It looked like someone field dressed a deer in that parking lot!

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Ouch. Sorry to hear that quadracer. I have a story as well. I just got a small cut this morning when a hover catch with the Crack Yak swung around and the prop got me on the hand. Nothing bad, just a small cut. The weird part is the tingles. It feels like your hand fell asleep.

gyro

GSN Contributor
sorry about your finger! I've done the same thing before. Fingers can stop props... but the props sure leave a mark!

That's really good news Rob, thanks!
Read your post on RCG that you had a mishap with your 119", and wanted to offer condolences..: You said she's "dead" so I'm guessing unrepairable?

Thanks man. Yep. It's dead. Fuse split in half and both halves pretty much toast, wing ribs cracked all along the tube sockets and spars. It's firewood. That's part of the game. It's the sucky part, but very much a part. On another note, Bigfoot made it's way down to the Bayou State. What a fun plane. You can do rifle rollers while talking on the phone. LITTERALLY!!!

Attachments

• 2012-09-01_19-43-27_728.jpg
    2012-09-01_19-43-27_728.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 2012-09-02_12-57-18_207.jpg
    2012-09-02_12-57-18_207.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 189