• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS Fly Low In (East) July 11,12,13,14 Washington, New Jersey 6th Annual

gyro

GSN Contributor
Speaking of which, I just got notification that my flight was booked! A member of our site has graciously used some of his airline buddy passes to help me travel to this awesome event that I otherwise would have missed! Thank you!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Glenn, how about some updates? :)
How did the field leveling go?
Any new prizes for the raffle?
Also, can you describe how the combat works?
Anything else? Lets get some buzz going! Just over two months to go!

njswede

150cc
I can explain the combat. It's easy: No rules. Full contact, full destruction. Try not to kill any pilots or bystanders. That's about it, I think. Last year's combat:

[video=youtube;pBzGYHxa1lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzGYHxa1lk[/video]

I think I ran out of batteries when there were four planes left. This year I'm planning on getting destroyed much earlier than that. You'll see why...

gyro

GSN Contributor
I can explain the combat. It's easy: No rules. Full contact, full destruction. Try not to kill any pilots or bystanders. That's about it, I think. Last year's combat:

[video=youtube;pBzGYHxa1lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzGYHxa1lk[/video]

I think I ran out of batteries when there were four planes left. This year I'm planning on getting destroyed much earlier than that. You'll see why...

thats cool. should be fun!

Glenn, how did you come up with this contest idea?

thats cool. should be fun!

Glenn, how did you come up with this contest idea?
I went to Seff in 2008 and had such a good time I tried to recreate that experience at a smaller scale. One thing I enjoyed the most was combat, I took the rules out and it brought it to a new level of fun!

Field update: runway was leveled and widened, we installed a more powerful solar panel for our battery charging station which now charges the station at 8 amps which is pretty sweet. Parking lot will be widen by the event, everything is looking good. I am excited about the BBQ pilots dinner it's being catered by an award winning BBQ joint and for once I won't have to cook :) we will also have burgers and dogs and corn cooked on the grill. I will get some pictures up of the field but it's looking the best it ever has.