• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Here's some pics on the dle60 in my 89"
A lot less cutting
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I hade the dle55 on a different plane and was going to use that on the 89 once i heard the twin was out I decided to use that so I sold the 55 and the airframe it was on and bought the 60 twin. The twin runs much smoother and idles so much better then the 55. The extra 1000 rpms the twin has really makes a difference even with the 1" bigger prop it still has noticeably more rpm. The extra weight penalty is definitely worth it, you can put the servo in the tail for push -pull. It's not necessary but it helps with placement of everything else. I'm also using smoke on mine so I'm on the heavier side and the previous owner of the plane had a q80 on it, I let him fly it and he said the power feels the same as the q80.
The twin also beats the da50 hands down on power. I haven't compared it to the da60 yet. Glenn has one in his 89 so we will be comparing soon.
I haven't had any issues with the motor , it seems a little sensitive on the needles but once in the sweet spot it's rips. The sound the twin makes is awesome and the smoke is better then the 55. Fitting the motor in the plane was easier then a single piston and there's no need for a choke linkage the carb sits right at the opening on the cowl so you can just stick a finger in and pull the choke lever.
Next time at the field I will get an AUW of mine and of Glenn's they are setup identical except for the motors.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I hade the dle55 on a different plane and was going to use that on the 89 once i heard the twin was out I decided to use that so I sold the 55 and the airframe it was on and bought the 60 twin. The twin runs much smoother and idles so much better then the 55. The extra 1000 rpms the twin has really makes a difference even with the 1" bigger prop it still has noticeably more rpm. The extra weight penalty is definitely worth it, you can put the servo in the tail for push -pull. It's not necessary but it helps with placement of everything else. I'm also using smoke on mine so I'm on the heavier side and the previous owner of the plane had a q80 on it, I let him fly it and he said the power feels the same as the q80.
The twin also beats the da50 hands down on power. I haven't compared it to the da60 yet. Glenn has one in his 89 so we will be comparing soon.
I haven't had any issues with the motor , it seems a little sensitive on the needles but once in the sweet spot it's rips. The sound the twin makes is awesome and the smoke is better then the 55. Fitting the motor in the plane was easier then a single piston and there's no need for a choke linkage the carb sits right at the opening on the cowl so you can just stick a finger in and pull the choke lever.
Next time at the field I will get an AUW of mine and of Glenn's they are setup identical except for the motors.

That's a lot of great info, thanks James. Maybe you'll consider writing a mini review on the engine here in the DLE section:
http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?170-DLE-Aircraft-Engines

Twins are just better, especially for low 3D flying with the extra torque. My VVRC 40 has been the biggest success of a project this past season.