• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

hone

150cc
Twins are just better, especially for low 3D flying with the extra torque. My VVRC 40 has been the biggest success of a project this past season.

I love twins :)

Now with the vvrc 40cc twin and da70 twin available I don't think I'll buy another single.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Twins are just better, especially for low 3D flying with the extra torque. My VVRC 40 has been the biggest success of a project this past season.

This isn't exactly true.

The singles actually have higher torque then the twins. Just ask the folks at DA, the DA170 versus DA200 (4 pot), the DA170 will spin a larger prop then the DA200.

But your right, the twins are definitely sweeter, better spool up and run with much less vibration.

I should say that the twins have better torque in the lower RPM range to be more accurate, hence the spool up and ability to use a bigger prop. The single produces more power, just at higher RPM ranges.

My PTE-72 will turn the Mej 26x8 and have good throttle response as I have a hat cam video of this.
My DA-60/RE-2 would not even turn the Xoar 25B with a spool up that could be used in 3D

I have run a Mejzlik 24x10TH on both of them and the DA-60 spins it 200-300 more RPM, but the PTE gets there quicker.

I have never worked with the 40% class motors. I know in full scale, a 6 cylinder has better throttle response than a large 4. On a fuel miser plane like a Mooney, the 4 cylinder wins over a small 6.

There are volumetric and mechanical losses associated with each cylinder.

maxx4wd

50cc
Had a great time at the Nighthawks Huckfest w/ the 3DHS team in full force! Got some very unique video of Joe Smith flying the new 92" Edge. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/vrX7DldnD_A

The video was captured using a DJI S-800 Spreadwing w/ a GoPro Hero3 mounted to the Zenmuse 2D Gimbal.

Sweet Video - my buddy has the s-800 - flies so smoothly - how do you like the gimbal? I'm building my first serious camera rig now so I'm just seeing how people like their stuff - what they would change, etc.