• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sooo what is the best way to contact 3DHS without aggravating myself to death? I understand the phone is pretty hit and miss since they are in and out so much. Is info@3dhobbyshop.com the email to use or is there a super secret bat phone type email address to use? I maidened a shiny new Yak this weekend and the Omega burnt out on the 4th flight :confused:. Watt meter said it was pulling 47amps with a 14x7 (3s) on a quick static check so that should have been fine for a 130g motor. I was adding throttle coming out of a dive and it sputtered, smoked and left me deadsticking in. This is the first motor Ive smoked so Im not sure what went wrong but it looks like a bad winding maybe? Does 3dhs do anything about replacing new motors or should I start shopping for an alternative? If the latters the case can anyone recommend something other than the omega? A little heavier would be fine but I'd like to keep it about the same size so it looks right in the cowling.

--- Edit, recieved a reply to my email at the info address right when I posted this...I get nervous too fast :ashamed:

So what did they say about the motor?

Manta

70cc twin V2
KDunlap, i'd like to give you a bit of history with the going out if business joke. Back when Ben was on rcg as much or more than me (lol) we all used to cut up alot. I kinda mentioned one time when they went to a fly in ( and had said they would be closed all over the forums) some folk came in fussing they cld t get a hold of them. Me being the joker i am said they went out of business. Ben got me for that one and it became an ongoing joke. He even played with it some. This was before most of you guys came on the scene. I bet none of you remember when MLT and I bought and took over 3dhs either heheheh. Long standing joke and Ben even played along there some too. :) good ole days. :)

KDunlap, i'd like to give you a bit of history with the going out if business joke. Back when Ben was on rcg as much or more than me (lol) we all used to cut up alot. I kinda mentioned one time when they went to a fly in ( and had said they would be closed all over the forums) some folk came in fussing they cld t get a hold of them. Me being the joker i am said they went out of business. Ben got me for that one and it became an ongoing joke. He even played with it some. This was before most of you guys came on the scene. I bet none of you remember when MLT and I bought and took over 3dhs either heheheh. Long standing joke and Ben even played along there some too. :) good ole days. :)
I remember all of that :D