• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

50-60cc pau edge 540 build

clarkj

70cc twin V2
So, I bought another 50cc plane and have always been stuck with one manufacturer. This time i wanted to try a pau edge so I thought i would do a build thread on it. This isnt going to be a thread that I was asked to do so it will be a thread of how I honestly feel about 1: how well its built 2: how well it goes together and 3: how well it flies compared to the other 50cc planes ive owned. I will be using 7954's all the way around with a dle61. I wanted to use a da60 but i already had a nib dle61 i got a great deal on and my flying has slowed tremndously lately so I will just stay with the dle. This is the first dle I have owned, we will see if its my last one too or if i buy more in the future. I have a friend that has put many flights on his dles all with good. Tonight i unboxed it and looked it over. Build quality looks as good as all other planes ive owned. image.jpg

clarkj

70cc twin V2
So after cleaning up the shop to work its a slow start this morning. I installed main gear and hinged rudder. I really do not like hinging because it can be messy and takes awhile. I forgot to mention there was absolutely no wrinkles in the covering, the first plane i have ever got this way. There is however edges of the covering that needs ironed down but thats no big deal. image.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So after cleaning up the shop to work its a slow start this morning. I installed main gear and hinged rudder. I really do not like hinging because it can be messy and takes awhile. I forgot to mention there was absolutely no wrinkles in the covering, the first plane i have ever got this way. There is however edges of the covering that needs ironed down but thats no big deal. View attachment 34300

Looks awesome! I love the colors used in the scheme as well.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
My 30cc 3dhs extra had smooth covering... the wrinkles came the first time it saw the sun.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
The nice weather made me get busy today. I wish i would have ordered this a month ago so i could be flying. Got the motor mounted and stabs hinged. Also got one elevator linkage installed. Everything is fitting great so far. The only complaint i have right now is the instructions dont cover much. However anyone that is capable of flying this plane will know assembly procedures that are not covered.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Today i worked on installing throttle linkage. The manual does not cover alot of installing throttle servo so i put my own mount in from another kit i had. Also i put in ignition module and finished elevator halves. image.jpg one other note: the pushrods for the elevators seemed just a little short, i only got about 5 turns into the 4-40 ball link so i used the ones for the ailerons which were a 1/2" longer and ordered 2 more for the ailerons