• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

50-60cc pau edge 540 build

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Ultracote is nice... but really functions similar to monokote... just at a much lower temp.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I spent way to much time on this plane today but i got it finished except for a fuel dot and spinner. My flying buddy is bringing a spinner and prop for me to use til i order one if we get to fly tomorrow.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
image.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Congrats and good luck tomorrow! Had a wheel fall off today on landing and tore the wheel pant pretty good. She's all fixed and ready for tomorrow.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Well i didnt get to fly today. It was cool and windy. I did start the engine and this being my first dle I am very impressed. It idled at 1450 consistently not that im going to fly it that low at idle but that is impressive and i didnt touch the settings. Transitions are smooth too. Maybe next weekend ilo get a chance to fly it. image.jpg

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Got it on a scale last night and came in at 17lbs 1 oz without a spinner. Power to fly 3d should not be an issue.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
That was one selling point. I knew it would not need graphics and i figure that saved me $100. It should show up well in the air. I also like the bigger canopy than the single seat version. I cant speak for how it flies but so far i have no regrets about buying this plane and would buy another.

Last edited by a moderator:

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I got to fly the edge today. This is my 3rd edge, second 50cc one. Flies better than i expected. This is the first edge that knife edges without coupling, with that said i had the others just a little tail heavy and this one is right on recommended cg. So, in conclusion here are the pros and cons:

Pros: flies well
Well built and everything assembled correctly
Good price for whats included such as carbon fiber gear

Cons: manual has limited details (although if you can fly a plane this size its not your first and you should know assembly)
The control horn screws were a little short so i put longer ones in.
If you want a plane that looks good, goes together well at a good price, and flies well you wont be disappointed. image.jpg