• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Forgues Research said
just adding the trailing edge mini ribs and aileron pocket ribs
ev.jpg
Man this is good stuff Roger. I can only imagine what she is gonna look like once it's completed.

BalsaDust

Forgues Research said

wesley said
What about strength between the two glues?  I apologize if I'm messing ur thread up.
Don't worry, your not messing anything

As for the glue, if you are building a regular kit out of balsa ,  you can use CA on everything, just be sure all parts have good fit.

Lately I  being using thick CA from Gorila glue, , not the poly urathane but CA.  it is extremely good and strong

I have been using the same thing for my smaller build roger. Either the Gorilla Glue CA or the Titebond CA which ever is in stock when I go to Lowes to pick some up. I do like the strentgh of regular old titebond wood glue though.

cbarnes0061 said
Forgues Research said

wesley said
What about strength between the two glues?  I apologize if I'm messing ur thread up.

As for the glue, if you are building a regular kit out of balsa ,  you can use CA on everything, just be sure all parts have good fit.

Lately I  being using thick CA from Gorila glue, , not the poly urathane but CA.  it is extremely good and strong

I have been using the same thing for my smaller build roger. Either the Gorilla Glue CA or the Titebond CA which ever is in stock when I go to Lowes to pick some up. I do like the strentgh of regular old titebond wood glue though.
I didn't know Titebond had a CA Glue will have to look for it...

stangflyer said
Forgues Research said
just adding the trailing edge mini ribs and aileron pocket ribs
ev.jpg

Man this is good stuff Roger. I can only imagine what she is gonna look like once it's completed.
You and me both LOL, but have to tell you , this is the most intricate wing I have ever done, even the retracts are not your run of the mill , 

BalsaDust

Forgues Research said

cbarnes0061 said
Forgues Research said

wesley said

I didn't know Titebond had a CA Glue will have to look for it...

Yup they do. Havent seen it in quite a while though as all the have had the last three times I needed CA was the gorillia glue version.

tentatively this is how I plan to mount the ailerons , on the picture, the center rod is the aileron spar, with 3 bearings on it and the red part is what will bolt on to the main wing rear spar,  
Assem1.JPG