• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

b-1.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

aileron bearing holders

by looking at this drawing, the lite green disc is the control horn, which is 7/8" in dia. to keep it inside the wing at the aileron level, the servo would be inside the wing with a smaller control horn to take advantage of the  multiplier torque, and of course the reason for all this is the fullsize  Dalotel doesn't have any pushrods showing on the outside.  The aileron is actually driven by a torque tube.
Assem1-1.JPG

I might add although I showed a drawing with the control wheel at the end of the shaft, I have decided to install the servo directly to the torque tube , Made the servo adapter today now waiting for the servos

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I marvel at your engineering handy work. This thing is going to be nothing short of "OVER THE TOP" impressive.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

This is how I plan to install the aileron servo in a direct drive ,  knowing that the original Dalotel has trim tabs in both ailerons, and these are also used as boost tabs which helps tremendously the servos, I beleive the servos will be plenty powerful, 
Assem1-2.JPG

The aileron torque dowel connector to the servo, 

The servo in the picture is not the one I will use but it is the same dimensions and same spline so I can keep working
m.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

p.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Looking great Roger!  Another thought would be to extend the torque tube through the root rib into the fuse, where it can be driven using conventional arms and capabilities of torque multipliers via arm length ratios.  Also would allow slaving multiple servos to the aileron and still remain hidden.

BTW - you know you're gonna get flak on the boost tabs...just say'in.  Not from me....I do know how they work!

Pistolera said
Looking great Roger!  Another thought would be to extend the torque tube through the root rib into the fuse, where it can be driven using conventional arms and capabilities of torque multipliers via arm length ratios.  Also would allow slaving multiple servos to the aileron and still remain hidden.

BTW - you know you're gonna get flak on the boost tabs...just say'in.  Not from me....I do know how they work!
Yes I know what you mean about the multiplier but I figure I will be getting a lot of torque from the boost tabs,

And yes I know about the flaq, but its only from people who have no idea what they are, , and these people are not important LOL