• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Roger.... your latest photo shows your setup on your retract. A lot of thought and engineering went into this I am sure. I would be totally shocked and surprised if they did not work really well and just as expected. I am curious however, Does the strut pivot on the shaft bolted to the wing, or does the shaft have a hidden rotating assembly? Which personally I think would be very cool in design.

Roger.... your latest photo shows your setup on your retract. A lot of thought and engineering went into this I am sure. I would be totally shocked and surprised if they did not work really well and just as expected. I am curious however, Does the strut pivot on the shaft bolted to the wing, or does the shaft have a hidden rotating assembly? Which personally I think would be very cool in design.
Thanks, no there is no pivoting, it just goes into the wing wheel well, hopefully I will have a video next week.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I think Stang meant, does it swing on the shaft, or does the shaft (i think it would be called a trunnion shaft) pivot on bushings in the wing?

I think Stang meant, does it swing on the shaft, or does the shaft (i think it would be called a trunnion shaft) pivot on bushings in the wing?
OOPS, my mistake, for the time being, its lose on the shaft, but will be welded, since the shaft free wheels inside with ball bearing, which are also placed inside an aluminum socket if you wish I will take pictures to show what I mean

Here are a few pictures to explain the bearings system for the retracts. these are not bushings but ball bearings

Attachments

• dh.jpg
    dh.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 266
  • di.jpg
    di.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 231
  • dj.jpg
    dj.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 254
  • dk.jpg
    dk.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 224
  • dl.jpg
    dl.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 250
  • dm.jpg
    dm.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 231
  • dn.jpg
    dn.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 231
  • do.jpg
    do.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 213
  • dp.jpg
    dp.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 237
  • dq.jpg
    dq.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 274
  • dr.jpg
    dr.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 234
  • ds.jpg
    ds.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 219

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup..that's what I was meaning to ask. For what ever reason Earle, you are not only a master at craftsmanship, but a scholar of words as well. LOL... I was wondering if maybe it would be solidly affixed with the bearing inside. That is so way cool....