• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

tylerzx9r

100cc
Pg. 27, post 262 and 269. The man is a genius!
Nice! This is what I wanted to see, I like it! I was still wondering how the servo drives the shaft? There is a picture with the servo but I cannot tell what connects it to the shaft that also has an arm connected to the gear leg?

Nice! This is what I wanted to see, I like it! I was still wondering how the servo drives the shaft? There is a picture with the servo but I cannot tell what connects it to the shaft that also has an arm connected to the gear leg?
I made a shaft adapter between the servo gear box and the landing shaft, I'll get some pictures of this also

go to page 26 , post 257 I think this is what you are asking

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Roger, I've been playing with some geometry setups with your dilemma in mind. Is it possible to change the articulated throw on the driven arm? (The arm on the leading edge side of the shear web...the one that actually is pulling on the interlink arm attached to your strut) I once had a Mustang I was fighting a similar issue with. I had thought at first, maybe changing the potentiometer throw in the servo, I could get what I needed. I resorted to changing the geometry and all went well. Just a thought.

Roger, I've been playing with some geometry setups with your dilemma in mind. Is it possible to change the articulated throw on the driven arm? (The arm on the leading edge side of the shear web...the one that actually is pulling on the interlink arm attached to your strut) I once had a Mustang I was fighting a similar issue with. I had thought at first, maybe changing the potentiometer throw in the servo, I could get what I needed. I resorted to changing the geometry and all went well. Just a thought.
Thanks, I will definitely look closer as to what you are saying.

I went back in the shop, and played around, with the linkage, and it would seem the geometry is right on the money , without power, I rotated the servo gear in the up position and when the linkage was dead on and lock in position the gear was right up there where it should be, so my finding is simple I need more then 180 degree rotation . So I called Slervo City, spoke to there tech guy, and said I should have bought the 360 degrees which is actually 400 degrees, which I agree, but no all is lost since by returning it they will simply add the little gear box to the outside feedback pot and give what I need, which is about 190 degrees but they will make it at around 250 , and at the same time ship it back along with the second one with the same arrangement.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I went back in the shop, and played around, with the linkage, and it would seem the geometry is right on the money , without power, I rotated the servo gear in the up position and when the linkage was dead on and lock in position the gear was right up there where it should be, so my finding is simple I need more then 180 degree rotation . So I called Slervo City, spoke to there tech guy, and said I should have bought the 360 degrees which is actually 400 degrees, which I agree, but no all is lost since by returning it they will simply add the little gear box to the outside feedback pot and give what I need, which is about 190 degrees but they will make it at around 250 , and at the same time ship it back along with the second one with the same arrangement.
Sweet!!!! Glad to hear ya got it figured out. This must be very exciting news for you huh?

tylerzx9r

100cc
Another thing you all have taught me! I didn't know you get more degree out of a servo like this, I thought they all had a 180* mechanical stop? Thanks for the info!