• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

started to assemble the F.O. decoders,

Attachments

• gl.JPG
    gl.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 224
just getting all the underside ready for the sheeting , but more work then the top, cut outs for the landing gear, access hatches for servos, and such and now trying to figure the best way to install the brakes system, I am thinking of going hydraulics, so would have to install the servo actuator right in the wing, and once sheeted , its a lot more of a problem so it will take a bit more time to do it right

12 encoders and 12 decoders finished and tested, after which I put Goop on all components to be totally vibration proof
Here you can see also the red light coming from the fiber optic cable also, I switched from IR to Red for easier trouble shooting should it arrive.

Also you will notice the coiled up fiber cable, here its 15 feet, I can go up to 100 feet with no signal issues but who needs it this long LOL

Attachments

• gn.JPG
    gn.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 243
  • go.JPG
    go.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 228
Power on these 3 servos, retract, aileron, and the one you don't see is the powered boost tab, and the 3 encoders and decoders, . not the final installation still needs tidying up, The power strip is super flat speaker wire of pure copper and it glues on the flat piece of wood you see, not done yet
Once I am satisfied I can reach everything from the hatches I cut out in the sheeting then the sheeting will be glued in place.

Attachments

• gr.JPG
    gr.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 219
  • gs.JPG
    gs.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 236
I am presently working on a device which will give me the opportunity to control certain parts of the airplane by voice command. No not the flight controls but things like retracting the gear and letting the gear down, without having to look at the transmitter for the proper switches, This can also be for flaps, lights etc..... Stay tuned