• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Dalotel 165

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hi Roger....fantastic work, as usual. Does the rear spar attach (to the fuse) with a single bolt, or two? Also, I assume these bolts will be used to remove the wings for transport, eh?

Pistolera;16123 wrote: Hi Roger....fantastic work, as usual. Does the rear spar attach (to the fuse) with a single bolt, or two? Also, I assume these bolts will be used to remove the wings for transport, eh?

Yes the rear spar attaches with one bolt only, and yes the bolts are all removed for transportation....

Thanks for the kind words.

took another break on the Dalotel, as I insulated properly another wall in the shop, this part is not the hard part, its taking down everything on that wall that's the problem, but now its done, one more to go, but will be back on the dalotel within a few days

Flymedic

50cc
This is going to be fun to watch. My Uncle Gary who got me into this hobby some #@%$ years ago................ was such a fan of the Dalotel. He owned a couple of them. If I remember correctly, when he used to go to vegas for some nationals or something like that, he would really enjoy watching I believe Hanno Pretner flying a Dalotel.

Irregardless, this will be awesome to see come together

Flymedic;16816 wrote: This is going to be fun to watch. My Uncle Gary who got me into this hobby some #@%$ years ago................ was such a fan of the Dalotel. He owned a couple of them. If I remember correctly, when he used to go to vegas for some nationals or something like that, he would really enjoy watching I believe Hanno Pretner flying a Dalotel.

Irregardless, this will be awesome to see come together

:joyous:

gluing the long pieces of plywood on the root part of the spar, there will still be two short pieces left to put on , on the end

17423=11877-da.jpg
17423=11877-da.jpg
17423=11878-db.jpg
17423=11878-db.jpg
17423=11879-dc.jpg
17423=11879-dc.jpg
17423=11880-dd.jpg
17423=11880-dd.jpg

gluing the landing plates to be drilled later and the wing tip spar, these are only 1/8" versus 1/4 for the main part,

I know these are quite boring photos but are part of the construction process

18211=12423-de.jpg
18211=12423-de.jpg
18211=12424-df.jpg
18211=12424-df.jpg