• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Since I finished my paint touch ups on my Carf Extra 330L and think I have it sold, it's time to get back on this project. I had a little time last night so I glued the hinges in one of the elevators. Tonight I installed the servo, horns, and linkage.
They've been forecasting "Icemageddon" here for this weekend , so I should get some work done on this thing. As long as the power stays on that is.:eek:

20170112_210033_resized.jpg
20170112_210054_resized.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Since I finished my paint touch ups on my Carf Extra 330L and think I have it sold, it's time to get back on this project. I had a little time last night so I glued the hinges in one of the elevators. Tonight I installed the servo, horns, and linkage.
They've been forecasting "Icemageddon" here for this weekend , so I should get some work done on this thing. As long as the power stays on that is.:eek:

View attachment 92746 View attachment 92747
Very nicely done.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
boys look at the shine in the paint job has. That is going to look good. You are at the fun part now, which servos did you use on this plane.
It will have HiTec 7955tg's on the elevators, JR8411's on the ailerons, a 7985mg on the throttle and a HiTec 7956shr rudder servo.

I tried to post a picture of the 7956SHR but for some reason can't.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It will have HiTec 7955tg's on the elevators, JR8411's on the ailerons, a 7985mg on the throttle and a HiTec 7956shr rudder servo.

I tried to post a picture of the 7956SHR but for some reason can't.
I thought you may try one of those ProModler servos on the rudder. Sent them an email and waiting for a reply.
Was taking a closer look at the stabilizer see you are using those small flat plates across the servo bolts do you like them and were did you get them.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Snoopy1

I use those servo plates on all of my planes including my 60 size pattern planes, I love them. . . . . . :yesss:. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got my last order of them as it has been a couple of years since I ordered any.:frown: For some reason Airwild comes to mind, but I'm not certain of that. If you decide to order some, and if I remember correctly, they differ based on servo manufacturer.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I thought you may try one of those ProModler servos on the rudder. Sent them an email and waiting for a reply.
Was taking a closer look at the stabilizer see you are using those small flat plates across the servo bolts do you like them and were did you get them.
The plates are either from Spot-On or Secraft one or the other. I also like the carbon fiber ones from Align.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I closed the shop and stayed home today because of "Icemageddon". I got the rudder hinges glued in along with installing the tail wheel for the last time and mounted the horns and the steering tiller. I wasted over an hour looking for the tiller.:mad:

I apologize for the bad pictures Ive been posting. I just can't take a good picture here in my workshop. I even used my best camera for these and they look as bad as my cell phone pics I usually take.:(

DSCF0429.JPG
DSCF0430.JPG
DSCF0433.JPG