• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC 54% G200

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am so in on this one. I had a 202 and a 300. They were pretty nice planes. Nothing like this one is going to be I am sure. Very excited....

M

Matt

I am glad there is actually some interest in this!! Again it's going to be slow and I apologize for that... As for plans and cowls I am going to get with a blue printer today or tomorrow and get some prices but I'll only charge the exact price of what they charge. I am not in this to make money I just want to see something different out there and I know this airplane is capable! Also at 54% the span is only 129" from tip to tip so it's really not a huge airplane either... Wheel pants will be made soon we are carving a balsa plug to the correct size and shape then pulling s mold off of it.

M

Matt

I am so in on this one. I had a 202 and a 300. They were pretty nice planes. Nothing like this one is going to be I am sure. Very excited....
That is awesome you had a 300... I did a lot of research on Giles and work with a gentalman that worked at akrotech that made them and there was only one factory 300 ever built and of course then the turbo Raven which started as a 300... Turns out all the swoops and curves of the turbo Raven were actually just placed directly over the G300 parts they served no purpose other than looks

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
if memory serves this old fart correctly, the Turbo Raven was a "Raven" in paint scheme only. The original Raven was an evolution of the Rebel.

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
The MX aircraft are based off the Giles. Chris the owner of MX bought the molds for the Giles and developed the MX series off of them. The MX basically uses a Giles fuselage

M

Matt

@Pistolera you are correct nothing at all in common between the two... The rebel was the tube and fabric home built that I believe used staudicer wings... Not 100% sure.

@jtec/radiowave that is awesome I know there was some slight relation, they must be using the 202 fuse or the 300 fuse

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Somewhere (in boxes) I have some pics of the late Rick Massagee's Rebel that he built and flew in Unlimited. I'll scan and post if i find them. We competed against each other often. He was later killed when the wing folded on his new Sukhoi.

Not sure what wing he used....could have been a Staudacher, or possibly a Zivko (they were making custom wings for several monoplanes back in the day.

reyn3545

100cc
I always thought CompARF took a cheezy path for using their Giles fuse to develop their MX-2... Shows you what I know!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Im picking something up tomorrow on the lines of a G200, that Wayne Ulery designed......

Ohhh, did I mention....... It has been around 20+ years, and never been flown..... Elevator and rudder doesnt even have control horns installed!

Patto

70cc twin V2
Very cool. The Giles is one of my all-time favorites. Wild Hare used to make a really nice one. I'd love to build one someday.

My dad actually used to own the full-scale prototype G-300, the only one ever built. It was an amazing airplane. He sold it to a couple, and one of them very tragically died in the airplane.