• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

Fast3D

50cc
Indeed. Now trying to figure out my new project for 2014. as you noticed I takes me a long time to finish a project so one project every 1 to 2 years is more than enough for me.

danielph

50cc
The only downside to using a 1.5" arm is that you will lose a little bit of resolution and torque. You should be fine, but keep an eye on the elevator slop to avoid experiencing flutter. On my MXS, I used a 1.25" horn and didn't want any more throw. You must be getting about 88 degrees with that 1.5!

Fast3D

50cc
Danielph, thank you for your input. You are right, I thought it was too much and too close to the stab so changed it to 1" (i did not have 1.25 " and really wanted to fly!) and maidened it that way. works very nicely. However, I think 1.25 is much better for more aggressive throws and manuvers. so I will upsize to 1.25" as soon as I get one. I hate ordering my secrafts from korea though and most of the us distributors dont have everything all the time....

gyro

GSN Contributor
Danielph, thank you for your input. You are right, I thought it was too much and too close to the stab so changed it to 1" (i did not have 1.25 " and really wanted to fly!) and maidened it that way. works very nicely. However, I think 1.25 is much better for more aggressive throws and manuvers. so I will upsize to 1.25" as soon as I get one. I hate ordering my secrafts from korea though and most of the us distributors dont have everything all the time....

I might have a spare 1.25" in my drawer, but it's a futaba/savox spline... what servos are you using?

danielph

50cc
Unless you have a need for that 1.5" arm somewhere else, I would just drill a hole in the arm at the 1.25" mark. You can then grind off the rest, or simply leave it.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Just ordered a yellow laser. just waiting for the paypal money request. can not wait to get this bird. does anyone have the measurements of the tallest spot on the Laser? trying to figure out if I need to drop the rack I built in the rafters of my basement LOL.