• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

gyro

GSN Contributor
I put my MXS through a tree today :veryshocked:

It was insane! The wings ripped off(one staying in the tree)and the fuse shot through the rest of the tree and landed nose first in the dirt. It was pretty epic!!! It had a long life though with about 650 flights on it.

Now i have to get a new one, but i don't know if i should wait for yellow again or just get the green one.

Then again, i could just wait for the Laser!

View attachment 6339View attachment 6340

damn... really sorry to read this Joe... I know for me, I will never be without an MXS. If I lost my 64" I'd replace right away... I'm sure the Laser will be awesome, but I ALWAYS want an MXS of some size in my hangar!

btw, are you going to go up the tree to get the other wing? You might need that servo...

-G

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Yeah i'm going to get the other wing. Probably tomorrow though, i have work in an hour. I've had quite a few close calls with this particular tree but never hit it until today. It was at full throttle too. EPIC!

I definitely want another MXS but i really loved the yellow. I might get the green if yellow takes too long to come back in stock. I need a little time to get some funds together anyway.

Not going to beat myself up over it though. It was pretty awesome to see and now i can get a shiny new plane :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Manta

70cc twin V2
sorry to see man. that do suck..
awsome attitude about it tho. sounds like you will be back in the huck soon.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Tis but a scratch young 3D flyer.

Couple of drops of CA and some covering and she be good as new!!

On a serious side, sorry to hear this Joe, but as you say, she got a good flogging over the 650 flights you put on her and she is probably happy to be going to that sacred resting place of all much loved RC planes!!

wedoitall

Yeah i'm going to get the other wing. Probably tomorrow though, i have work in an hour. I've had quite a few close calls with this particular tree but never hit it until today. It was at full throttle too. EPIC!

I definitely want another MXS but i really loved the yellow. I might get the green if yellow takes too long to come back in stock. I need a little time to get some funds together anyway.

Not going to beat myself up over it though. It was pretty awesome to see and now i can get a shiny new plane :p

OH NO!!! i would have probably cried like a baby :D 650 flights id say you got your moneys worth out of the airframe tho.

SnowDog

Must have been epic to see...gives new meaning to "thread the needle" :)

I don't suppose you caught this epic flight on video? ;)

You have a good attitude about the whole thing...I like your style!

wedoitall

Must have been epic to see...gives new meaning to "thread the needle" :)

I don't suppose you caught this epic flight on video? ;)

You have a good attitude about the whole thing...I like your style!

yea he does have a good attitude about it all, i dont think i could be as cool headed.

hone

150cc
Thanks guys. It's pretty repairable but i'd need a new set of wings, new rudder, and a cowl. At that point i'd rather just get a new kit. I absolutely LOVED my MXS so it'll be hard to be without it for a while but i have some other planes i'm working on to keep me busy.

But i WILL have another MXS!

And sorry, no video :p

hone

150cc
Check out this video of the green MXS [video=youtube;C3zf6I4ZEro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zf6I4ZEro[/video]

By the way this isn't me flying or my video, but i thought it was cool