• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
Will do, thanks.

I see subsonic is a sponsor here. I am probably going with a motrofly since they have been the coolest running most efficient motors i've had. What size and wind will i want for the 71", DM4325-380 or DM5320-330? I'm planning on a 6s setup

People have run both with great success. I have a 4325 in my 70"... but I'd post your question in his forum and see what answers you get! :)

I would see if you can get ken to wind the 5320 to 380ish kv. That would be the coolest most effecient option. Awesome motor. The 4325 is no slouch either though. I'm hard on the throttle so I had to have the 5320

hone

150cc
I would see if you can get ken to wind the 5320 to 380ish kv. That would be the coolest most effecient option. Awesome motor. The 4325 is no slouch either though. I'm hard on the throttle so I had to have the 5320

Have you tried both? Would i get longer flight times with the smaller motor? Or would not having to use as much throttle with a bigger motor going to extend the time? I'm pretty hard on the throttle as well so i may just go ahead with the 5320 with a custom wind to around 380

hone

150cc
Just got my shipping notice! It will be here next tuesday :D I also have a 47 Osiris coming tomorrow, i'm excited to be getting some new koolaid.

hone

150cc
Yes I have had both motors and the hacker 12xl. The 5320 gave me the best flight times, most power, and lowest operating temps

Well then it's a no brainer i suppose, 5320 it is :) Maybe i'll check with ken on the wind but you think 380 would be good? He also has a 330kv. I wanna keep it to a 19'' prop. What size ESC do you think i will need for this set up?

Sorry for all the questions, i'll probably have more soon

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I was just looking at ESCs and it looks like a big price jump after you get over 100 amps. So if i want to keep it to a 100 amp ESC on 6s which would be best?