• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

I've tried the 19x8 ,vess 20A,Vess 20B xoar 20x6 the 20x8..... to be honest for my style of flying i really like the way the 20x6 works

Well I decided to try a different prop on my rewound Motrolfly. I've only ran the Xoar 20x10 on it.
WOW did I ever get a surprise when I ran that APC 20x10. Let me just say I had 3 sets of flight packs and only flew one. There was a storm coming in anyway but that prop was total garbage. I took my watts up meter with me and was amazed at the numbers. With my strongest packs I got a little over 3100watts at 83 amps :eek:
Made me a little nervous but I tried it anyway. There was really no power gain and in fact that prop just wanted to RIP when I hammered it during stalls. That was also the hottest I have ever got my Motrolfly. The prop wasn't that bad on the other Kv but I did like the xoar better then as well. Lesson learned for me. I have a video but will have to take a look at it and decide if it's worth posting. I am making comments during flight and wasn't really enjoying it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well I decided to try a different prop on my rewound Motrolfly. I've only ran the Xoar 20x10 on it.
WOW did I ever get a surprise when I ran that APC 20x10. Let me just say I had 3 sets of flight packs and only flew one. There was a storm coming in anyway but that prop was total garbage. I took my watts up meter with me and was amazed at the numbers. With my strongest packs I got a little over 3100watts at 83 amps :eek:
Made me a little nervous but I tried it anyway. There was really no power gain and in fact that prop just wanted to RIP when I hammered it during stalls. That was also the hottest I have ever got my Motrolfly. The prop wasn't that bad on the other Kv but I did like the xoar better then as well. Lesson learned for me. I have a video but will have to take a look at it and decide if it's worth posting. I am making comments during flight and wasn't really enjoying it.

Which motrolfly? I have the 4325 on my 70" Slick, and I prefer the 19x10 during the cooler months, and the 19x8 in the summer.

I've tried the 19x8 ,vess 20A,Vess 20B xoar 20x6 the 20x8..... to be honest for my style of flying i really like the way the 20x6 works

You also have the PTE36?

Im running a custom wound 5320-230kv on 10S. It was 200kv and i had it rewound. The 200kv was good with a 22x10 but I still wasn't getting the power where I wanted it and didn't want to go bigger as I would have had to get a new esc. I'm running an Ice2Hv 80

gyro

GSN Contributor
Im running a custom wound 5320-230kv on 10S. It was 200kv and i had it rewound. The 200kv was good with a 22x10 but I still wasn't getting the power where I wanted it and didn't want to go bigger as I would have had to get a new esc. I'm running an Ice2Hv 80

Wow! That's a lot of motor and power for a 71 Slick... For me, the 19x10 on 8s pulls mine around nicely! Great speed for tumbles and spins.

Yeah it was really just an experiment and I got a sick deal on the 5320 from an addict. I am getting pretty much the same level of power as others pulling less amps. I wasn't looking for stupid power by choosing 10s. She has plenty though.
I think Losi has the most powerful setup in one these I've seen. I even got a chance to fly it. It was pretty windy and i couldn't really get a feel for it with all that power and the digital served that day. I also could not stand the way the 8fg felt in my hands. I sooooo wanted to like the feel of it but the way I hold a TX and my hand size just doesn't seem to work with it. I also flew Losi's brothers HK slick and the 10cap felt much better in my hands.

Tom hit me up if you come back down. I really enjoyed meeting and flying with you. Hopefully the weather will be nicer next time.

Also I really want to see what that new Motrolfly 4330 is going to bring to the table. I love my 5320 but :D

quadracer

100cc
Got a pile of servos, an AR8000x, a CC bec pro, and two batteries laying on the table. Now I guess all that's left is for me to put it all where it belongs. :)

Tom hit me up if you come back down. I really enjoyed meeting and flying with you. Hopefully the weather will be nicer next time.

Also I really want to see what that new Motrolfly 4330 is going to bring to the table. I love my 5320 but :D
Will do for sure. You guys are the first people I have met and flown with after chatting on the forums. I enjoyed it as well. It's memorial day weekend every year. I am also curious about that new 4330 and about the new 50cc sized motor. Not to mention I really want a pull on that velox. :D