• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got the maiden flight done and went perfect. No trim at all needed and the twin started with 5 or so flips and ran pretty good even though really rich so my next flight will lean out a bit. I am so glad i went with a gas setup. Cg is perfect. Thanks to all for answering my questions.

Congrats!

We are going to put the rudder servo in the tail like my first one. I hope the CG works out as well. The RX is going where the rudder servo goes for pull pull and bats are going the same place you have them.

Got the maiden flight done and went perfect. No trim at all needed and the twin started with 5 or so flips and ran pretty good even though really rich so my next flight will lean out a bit. I am so glad i went with a gas setup. Cg is perfect. Thanks to all for answering my questions.

Great news Chopper85! Awesome! My goal was to get my 40cc twin fired up this weekend but just found my throttle servo is stripped out. Need to replace the throttle servo now. Maybe next week I'll get it fired up.

Had nothing but little problems at the field today so I didn't take it up but will give more info on cg once I do and try to put a video up. Yesterday the twin started with no problems and today had to use the starter and had the throttle servo arm screw fall out just as I was getting ready to take off,it was a close one. This plane flies awesome and can't wait to get it back in the air.

... This plane flies awesome and can't wait to get it back in the air.

Congratulations on your maiden Chopper. I too am enjoying this airframe (now that my DLE-30 issue is resolved).

For myself, I wonder if a big part of my enjoyment comes from the "bigger flies better" adage, having stepped up to this airframe from a 41" Edge. I had spent parts of every flight last year with my 41" Edge trying to get comfortable with knife-edge flight. But I always felt like I was just barely in control. But today I spent the better part of an entire flight doing knife edge flight straight down the runway and it took very little effort on my part (and I don't yet have the SFG's installed).

This airframe, or maybe just the size of this airframe, makes the thumbs flying it seem much more skilled than I know them to be. ;)

Marc

of the 30cc 3DHS airframes, I like this one the best. Bigger does fly better, but this is a very nice airframe in this class.

gyro

GSN Contributor
of the 30cc 3DHS airframes, I like this one the best. Bigger does fly better, but this is a very nice airframe in this class.

as far as 3dhs goes, the 72" Extra seems better to me, but I've never flown the edge on gas

And most of my experience on the 330SC is on electric. The Edge builds out heavier so that might be part of it. Patrick has resurrected fully the old one that I owned 2 owners ago. I think I talked him today into taking advantage of the ADC hobby sale to get a spare fuse. We will have a fly off with the 2 planes head to head. Pass the TXs to whomever happens to be around for opinions. Same servos, same RX, we both have DX-18s, only the 74 will be the VVRC-40 and the 330SC is a GT33. Most of my flying buddies got to fly my old one on the Mintor 38 and also flew the 330SC on the old Motrolfly 4325-330 8s setup.

Unfortunately the one time I let Hoffman fly it was the very start of the season and I forgot to put the batteries all the way forward, and he had a heck of a time flying it stupid tail heavy. I think I had to land it and he swore off the plane! Things we learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan

New to GSN!
This has probably been answered before. So i apologize in advance if it has. Just ordered the 74" edge wanting to run 8s on it. Need some help on picking a motor/prop/esc combo. Any suggestions. I want some crazy power. Thanks