• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

The 78 seems to have more inlet area as well. I will be paying close attention to you two as my 74 will likely have the same issue with my flying style that you are having. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395020049.659415.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395020093.949499.jpg

Heres a pic of what i did. I opened up the front hole a bit as well. I didnt do any baffling and on the ground am running around 150 deg. I also put the mod on the carb and put a tube into the fuse from the fuel plate and is running pretty good.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I also put the mod on the carb and put a tube into the fuse from the fuel plate and is running pretty good.

View attachment 21960

Looks great! What "mod to the carb" are you talking about? Any details/pic's? I have a velocity stack I was thinking about intstalling but that would require me to cut an access hole in the bottom of the cowl just below the bottom round scoop that it would need. Not sure if the velocity stack would be beneficial.

Looks great! What "mod to the carb" are you talking about? Any details/pic's? I have a velocity stack I was thinking about intstalling but that would require me to cut an access hole in the bottom of the cowl just below the bottom round scoop that it would need. Not sure if the velocity stack would be beneficial.

It equalizes the air coming into the little hole in the front of the carb. You take the plate off and solder over the hole and tap a 1/8 fuel fitting in it and make it flush inside then run 1/8 tubing into the fuse to a pill botle or film canister with another fitting. I felt there was to much air in cowl with it lining up with the round hole in front of cowl. I dont know how to put a link up but google will show ya and thunderbolt rc sells a kit. Will post a pic later.

It equalizes the air coming into the little hole in the front of the carb. You take the plate off and solder over the hole and tap a 1/8 fuel fitting in it and make it flush inside then run 1/8 tubing into the fuse to a pill botle or film canister with another fitting. I felt there was to much air in cowl with it lining up with the round hole in front of cowl. I dont know how to put a link up but google will show ya and thunderbolt rc sells a kit. Will post a pic later.

Thanks! I checked out Thunderbolt RC and found the mode what you were talking about.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure if the pictures do it Justas but i added some red pin striping to the black lines and turned out pretty good. If i don't get some good flying days soon this plane is going to weigh a ton from adding to much being bored lol. Its been blowing 20 mph winds for a week straight and is going to all weekend.

Thanks Gary. Got in 8 or so flights on sunday and the only thing i can say is wow. This plane is balanced perfectly. The 74 flat spins and knife edges awesome. I like this airframe so much i might be trading my cz yak for a red scheme 74 just as a back up and it has a dle 30 in it so i think it is safe to say i am glad i went gas on this plane. The 40 twin is running great but is a little touchy on tuning and will not start with out a starter. It will bog after warming up if low needle is just a blade width lean and hope that all these issues will work out with the break in but am loving this engine and the sound.

Got 2 flights today in on my replacement 74. VVRC 40 spinning a Vess 20B, 7200 RPM. It balanced perfectly with the batteries where the pull pull servo would have gone. Rudder servo in the second elevator bay. Plane came in at 10 lbs, 12 ounces, full of fuel (16oz). Probably the lightest gasser 30cc plane I have had. My 71 Slick is 11.5 at least.