• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Let us know how it goes! You running a pipe? :D
No pipe. Upgraded to a Pitts muffler though. Sounds pretty good. I'm thinking I should get a few more rpm's with the Pitts. But I won't really know, because I don't intend to use the stock muffler. I just have it for a backup. What kind of rpm's are you guys getting? I'm running the Falcon 24x10

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I really like this plane, even with only 6 flights on it. The DA-60/RE2 spins the Mej 24-10TH at 6740 and yesterday I borrowed a Xoar 25-3Da from Matt (Enterprise). Surprisingly, the 25 incher turned 6850! Depending on the wx, I should be able to fly it this weekend. BTW, this plane is huge! Here it is next to my 104 AJS:
0EF49623-6859-49E8-8923-1A6AD2DE8A5C-21428-00000A32A8A5A1A4_zpsb23080d4.jpg

IMG_0623_zpscf020b16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to the stihl distributor man here and he said that the best way to break in these two cycle engines is to start it up and run it wide open for 15min and then shut it down and let it cool off then start it back up and run it wide open again 30min this time. He says it should be broke in completely after doing this. He says that it doesn't make a difference whether you use synthetic or non-synthetic oil he says they are basically the same thing. I've trusted this guys knowledge with these engines fairly well and Id like to know what you guys think of it..

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I talked to the stihl distributor man here and he said that the best way to break in these two cycle engines is to start it up and run it wide open for 15min and then shut it down and let it cool off then start it back up and run it wide open again 30min this time. He says it should be broke in completely after doing this. He says that it doesn't make a difference whether you use synthetic or non-synthetic oil he says they are basically the same thing. I've trusted this guys knowledge with these engines fairly well and Id like to know what you guys think of it..

Maybe for a chainsaw. Running that wide open will put maximum cooling air over the fins with minimal load. On a model airplane motor, that will put maximum load on the engine with minimal cooling air. You will have a seized motor or no compression in no time.

EXTREME FLIGHT

SITE SPONSOR
I really do not recommend this, you stand a very good chance of burning up your engine! Industrial engines (weedeater, chainsaws, etc,) have cooling fans and are designed to run in static positions. Our aircraft engines are different and depend on airflow and proper heat dissipation for best performance and longevity. The best way to break in an airplane engine in is in the air.

I really do not recommend this, you stand a very good chance of burning up your engine! Industrial engines (weedeater, chainsaws, etc,) have cooling fans and are designed to run in static positions. Our aircraft engines are different and depend on airflow and proper heat dissipation for best performance and longevity. The best way to break in an airplane engine in is in the air.
And you recommend the non-synthetic oil to break in the engine?