• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" Extreme Flight Extra

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So spent the day stripping down my MXS as it is getting sold tomorrow. I did play around with my new Extra a bit. Did you guys have to trim the two dowel pins on the canopy going through the first big bulkhead? Mine when together stick through that bulkhead 3/16" and the problem is the front two tabs with the T-nuts can't slide back far enough to get the pins engaged.
Another thing I am concerned about with the size of the canopy is that extended piece of plastic on the back. I took a chip out of mine on my 60" EF Laser which I found and patched but you can see the crack. I am thinking of glassing the inside of that as it does not mate up with anything. Did you guys do anything there?

I have about fifteen flights on mine so far and every flight I like it more. The DA70 gets stronger with every flight. It's an all around great plane.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 31

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Looks great Sutton. Mine keeps getting stronger every time out too. Just passed the 3 gal mark yesterday, probably closer to 3.5. Loving it with the 25x8w which pulled over 43lbs briefly before settling and pulling a steady 42.75lbs at 6650RPM. A bit slower, but not bad. It might of lacked a bit of energy for consistent pop tops. Temps were almost identical as last week with the 24x9 @ -10°F.
Short clip... Watch in 720p.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice! Your getting very close to th point you can tune it up a hair more ( when it's wam out obviously). After about 4 gallons or so mine instantly starte to burble more, tuned it up on a nice 70 degree day and now it purrrrrs and I can get 17 minutes on a 32 oz tank flying quite hard.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I remember in the glow days running wide props. What is the theory behind them?

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
So the blade is then biting a larger slice of air per pass given its radai. Makes sense.