• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

SnowDog

Gary, I like the way you did the wheels and the nylon spacer...that seems like a really clean and simple way to do it.
Also like the popsicle approach for the cowl...I can see that being more accurate than my normal post it note approach.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary, I like the way you did the wheels and the nylon spacer...that seems like a really clean and simple way to do it.
Also like the popsicle approach for the cowl...I can see that being more accurate than my normal post it note approach.

Thanks Mike. I keep a bunch of nylon spacers around for just in case, and these fit the bill perfectly. I love not having to worry anymore about a wheel collar working its way off in flight.

The Popsicle stick idea is not mine, but I use it now whenever I don't have a cowl ring to work with.

gyro

GSN Contributor
She's all done! Here are the final build pics:

Electronics / wiring layout wasn't easy. The split in between the fuel tray and rudder tray makes mounting difficult, and there is a sold wall at the front of the rudder tray, that is hard to drill through.

I ended up mounting the recover and regulator on the back of the fuel tray wall/canister support, and put the telemetry module on the rudder tray outside wall, and satellite Rx on the inside rudder tray wall.

Getting everything near and organized, and mounted properly was time consuming due to the interior structure, but I'm happy with the result!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389302665.081183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389302876.296723.jpg

Should have some full plane pics outside within 24 hours, but here is a little teaser:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389302915.213772.jpg

Plane came in at 10lbs, 9oz without fuel and battery.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
She's all done! Here are the final build pics:

Electronics / wiring layout wasn't easy. The split in between the fuel tray and rudder tray makes mounting difficult, and there is a sold wall at the front of the rudder tray, that is hard to drill through.

I ended up mounting the recover and regulator on the back of the fuel tray wall/canister support, and put the telemetry module on the rudder tray outside wall, and satellite Rx on the inside rudder tray wall.

Getting everything near and organized, and mounted properly was time consuming due to the interior structure, but I'm happy with the result!

View attachment 20252
View attachment 20263

Should have some full plane pics outside within 24 hours, but here is a little teaser:
View attachment 20264

Plane came in at 10lbs, 9oz without fuel and battery.

Very nice Gary! So when do we expect a maiden? Will Brian be huckin the crap out of it with you?

gyro

GSN Contributor
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389460243.552207.jpg

Above photo was just before take off on the maiden, and this one is after:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389460319.552615.jpg

Yup, still in one piece!

She flew great, I was really impressed!
Highlights:

Great pop tops with multiple rotations.
Easy harriers, no wing rock.
Effortless knife edge, no coupling. Didn't need any mixes to fly nice and straight. Knife edge snaps were easy and crisp.
Balanced perfectly for 3D (pinch nose heavy) with my guesstimate of electronics placement.
The scheme is a pinch dark, but the big checkers on the bottom of the wings help.

I like it! :D

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Awesome man!!! That's so great to hear. Alan and the guys at [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] did well with this 330.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Awesome man!!! That's so great to hear. Alan and the guys at [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] did well with this 330.

Well...

Got two more flights on it... Couple of notes:

Flight two: did a full throttle wall, heard a pop. Nothing appeared broken from the outside.

Flight three: did a full throttle lomcevac, heard a pop. Nothing appeared broken from the outside.

Once I get home, I'll do a thorough inspection and see what broke. A little disconcerting to hear pops on aggressive 3D maneuvers.

Also, I noticed the stabs have a little too much play where they attach to the fuse. Might need to fix that.

Otherwise it's a lot of fun to fly!