• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
So words to the wise... no full throttle all stop type moves?

Well, if it can't handle my abuse, it can't stay in my hangar! :)

Maybe it was something shifting inside, or a servo extension banging I dunno... I just didn't like the sound. I'm still going to beat on it, and next time out I'll let Brian loose with it!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2

Maybe it was something shifting inside, or a servo extension banging I dunno... I just didn't like the sound. I'm still going to beat on it, and next time out I'll let Brian loose with it!

I had a plane that made a loud pop also, It was scary, I could not find any damage at all. It turned out to be a servo wire banging against the monocote lol

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2

I was going to say, how are the extentions tied down in the wings. That's one thing I wish ARF companies did was put a tube for aileron extensions. I know some do but not many.

Also, a guy that was doing full throttle walls with an Sbach and I heard 2 nasty cracks and he said after landing it was fine. Flew it again and heard more. I found that it was all in the wing panel. You could see the main spare broke and ribs were breaking. I think it was because the sheet had seperated from the ribs.

Oh, and take a video!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Haven't been able to find the source of the noise yet, probably just some extensions banging.

Going to keep beating on it and see what happens :)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
So to clarify Gary... did you check the wing ribs, spar, etc for breaks or cracks? Do the ribs feel soft around the spar from the outside or anything like that?

gyro

GSN Contributor
So to clarify Gary... did you check the wing ribs, spar, etc for breaks or cracks? Do the ribs feel soft around the spar from the outside or anything like that?

Yes, I inspected the inside of the airframe and wings with a high powered LED flashlight, and couldn't' find any signs of damage. The plane will be mercilessly beat on by Brian and myself tomorrow.
Should be fun :D

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, I inspected the inside of the airframe and wings with a high powered LED flashlight, and couldn't' find any signs of damage. The plane will be mercilessly beat on by Brian and myself tomorrow.
Should be fun :D

Woo Hoo! Have fun and take some vid!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Proud to report no weird noises from the plane today, and it survived Brian's and my torture.
Even [MENTION=165]Twistedgrim[/MENTION] stopped by and was impressed with the quality and performance.

We also got video of ME and Brian flying this time, so the review will show a novice AND and expert!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very nice report. Looking forward to the vid

Ask, and ye shall receive!

[video=youtube;B2Mr1o2CopE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Mr1o2CopE[/video]

And by the way, threw in some video of me flying for [MENTION=26]Ohio AV8TOR[/MENTION] :grrreat: