• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looking good Gyro!!

What size prop are you swinging there?

D-Man

It's a 24x9 Xion CF prop. Just ordered a 23x10 Xoar Electric to try,

Ken and I were exploring some higher winds, the 189kv I got appears to be a little too high with the ZTW Gecko's power... My goal is to get the watts near the recommended 5200 range, maybe 5300 or so with good throttle management.

D-Man

30cc
Has anyone flown this plane on a DLE55?
If so, what are your impressions?

Thanks in advance,
D-Man

gyro

GSN Contributor
Has anyone flown this plane on a DLE55?
If so, what are your impressions?

Thanks in advance,
D-Man

I've got the first one sold... And the first known flight so far. It might be a while before you get some DLE flight info.

Mine is going on the bench in the next week or so, but I am using a EME-60 on RE2, so my data will not be very relevant. I could try the 23x9 Falcon I just ordered and limit the RPM to get a comparison, but that will be a very long ways away. Lots of other projects in the way.

AKfreak

150cc
I like the pre-sealed firewall. I love the looks of that plane, btw. She's looks like she's going 100 mph just sitting there. Assuming she flies as good as she looks I think aerobeez will have a winner! :)
Sorry to sound so dumb, what does it mean to be Presealed, and what is the benefit of this?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry to sound so dumb, what does it mean to be Presealed, and what is the benefit of this?

its when the firewall has some type of sealant applied to the outside (engine side) of the firewall and motorbox. It helps protect the wood there from oil/gas destroying it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Not going to get in the air this weekend due to inclement weather, but going to get some mods done instead: installing the spinner and moving the rx packs further forward.
Also going to look at how to move the flight packs another inch forward or so.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Aerobeez stayed true to their word. They shipped me a Red one today. Pretty stand up company.

I am sure I will order parts and accessories from them now.

I will compare it to my other 3DHS and EF 60cc planes and report back.

I have a lot of motor choices to sort through. Lots of options in this size.

That's awesome! Alan and his group are a bunch of great guys. This is the kind of customer service that needs to be highlighted! Way to go @Aerobeez !

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Great detail work on the plane Gyro. Love the painted control horns and the extra white covering on the bottom. I also love what Aerobeez did with the wheel pants.