• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
Anyone have experience with the Aerobeez 50cc Sbach ?

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=677252&d=1409518078

emtp275

100cc
We have a guy that has there 50cc edge and says that he's affrade its built too light, Do they seems to hold up good?

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I'm not sure if they are built too light.............the planes fly okay and are a decent value.

I have the 30cc Aerobeez Yak 54. The stringers from the factory were 3/16 balsa and the first time I picked the plane up from the belly I broke the two center stringers right behind the landing gear. That section of the plane seemed very weak. I removed the covering and removed the 7 factory stringer from the firewall to about 10 inches back. I replaced them with 1/4 hardwood and then sheeted that section of the fuse. I haven't had any more issues.

The pic below shows the new hardwood stringers.

attachment.php

14324=8031-AB 30cc Yak54.jpg
14324=8031-AB 30cc Yak54.jpg

emtp275

100cc
Not a Bad idea looks good, although it sucks to repair a new airframe before it ever leaves the ground.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Flew a bunch of their planes over the last few years. By far, their 30cc Extra was the best they've made yet, with the 50cc Extra next best. Both flew better on gas power than electric; better balance, more violence in tumbles

Patto

70cc twin V2
They're not going to be the same quality as a plane that costs $200-300 more, but I think they are a great value. My 8-year-old flies the 50cc Slick (V1 I believe) and he has 3D-stress-tested it like no other. It has held up pretty well.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
[MENTION=188]emtp275[/MENTION] prop and switches should be in today. He's talking less than 16lbs dry on the Edge 50cc

Jgsticks

50cc
emtp275;14301 wrote: We have a guy that has there 50cc edge and says that he's affrade its built too light, Do they seems to hold up good?

They are built light, but not too light for me. Mine did sufer some minor shipping damage to the bottom of the fues. I do intend to rag this plane out so we will see how well it holds up.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Decent for the money.

You still get what you pay for.. The standard is extreme flight/ 3dhobby shop/PAU/pilot/hangar 9/eg in the wood airframe market..

The peak/aerobeez planes are a great value. I have owned the peak/aerobeez MXSR and liked it. I did split a wingtube on the first one. Wayy too many snaps to KE wide open. I was asking for that one :)

However EF or 3DHS would have made it out with better odds..