• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez

gyro

GSN Contributor
Taildraggerrc;14816 wrote: Decent for the money.

You still get what you pay for.. The standard is extreme flight/ 3dhobby shop/PAU/pilot/hangar 9/eg in the wood airframe market..

The peak/aerobeez planes are a great value. I have owned the peak/aerobeez MXSR and liked it. I did split a wingtube on the first one. Wayy too many snaps to KE wide open. I was asking for that one :)

However EF or 3DHS would have made it out with better odds..

Chad, I think RedwingRC belongs in that list as well. I've built a bunch of their models now, and they are SOLID.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
gyro;14951 wrote: Chad, I think RedwingRC belongs in that list as well. I've built a bunch of their models now, and they are SOLID.

Never had one. Know of the factory. Similar to aerobeez/peak. However I see Tim improving on them and making them their own brand. Hope they do well.

Sanglant

New to GSN!
I pre-ordered when they first came out. The construction is light and sturdy. I pushed the plane hard for a year and worst that I could do was bend the elevator push rods. I had one dead stick at low altitude and crushed the landing gear (after making the repair I would say it's a weak spot). As for how well the plane flew it was straight and true but when it comes to 3D, there are a lot better out there.

Rick

One more note, I could not match the covering, I contacted AeroBeez and he sent a link for monokote that did not match :(. The planes have some sort of china Kote, it resembled MonoKote but it's not.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just my opinion, but not a bad airframe. I have the 87" 50cc Slick 540. All up weight less fuel, 15 lbs. Running a DLE 55, Falcon 23x8 CF. Unlimited vertical, plenty of throw on the surfaces, floats like a feather. After 45 thrashing and trashing flights, she is holding up quite nicely. Nothing broken, no damage to structure and other than a little cf dust on the wing tube socket... no noticeable signs it has ever been flown. Oh one thing... I did have the throttle servo mount come loose on the second flight. My bad....When they say use "EPOXY" for this, do it! Controlled low idle landing.... Promptly reattached with EPOXY. Been great ever since. Who'd have thunk? LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sanglant;15123 wrote: I pre-ordered when they first came out. The construction is light and sturdy. I pushed the plane hard for a year and worst that I could do was bend the elevator push rods. I had one dead stick at low altitude and crushed the landing gear (after making the repair I would say it's a weak spot). As for how well the plane flew it was straight and true but when it comes to 3D, there are a lot better out there.

Rick

One more note, I could not match the covering, I contacted AeroBeez and he sent a link for monokote that did not match :(. The planes have some sort of china Kote, it resembled MonoKote but it's not.

Negitive...Unless yours is different. It is Ultracote. AT least it is mine. I've been able to match colors perfectly.

rrpech

30cc
I had an aerobeez slick. The fit and finish was horrible. I could go on but ill pass. I would highly recommend not getting an aerobeez plane.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
rrpech;15187 wrote: I had an aerobeez slick. The fit and finish was horrible. I could go on but ill pass. I would highly recommend not getting an aerobeez plane.

The Aerobeez 50cc Edge that [MENTION=281]mulehead1969[/MENTION] is assembling, has been spot on. I think only issue he's had was, shimming the cowl, if I needed a budget airframe, I don't think I'd hesitate buying one, dat Sbach looks sexy.

Sanglant

New to GSN!
stangflyer;15161 wrote: Negitive...Unless yours is different. It is Ultracote. AT least it is mine. I've been able to match colors perfectly.

I did say I pre-ordered, and aerobeez sent the link for monokote so there is no negative. They must have changed over on later batches.

Rick

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sanglant;15591 wrote: I did say I pre-ordered, and aerobeez sent the link for monokote so there is no negative. They must have changed over on later batches.

Rick
It's all good Rick... no need to shy from posting. That's how we all learn huh? Glad you found out for sure. Just kind of odd though. Maybe since mine is a VVRC, maybe that is the difference. I do know I was going to order another cowl a few months ago from Aerobeez. Their web site shows the exact cowl. Ended up getting a replacement from VVRC. Sooo, dunno. Anyway, good to know you got it figured out.