• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

For the rudder pull-pull rods assembly i have used the cross setup i have chose the right way? I'm asking this because my rods are quite strength at center but when i'm at full travel i had the rods quite sloppy so i was thinking if this will be a problem or if the air pressure will minimize the problem.

I use Secraft V2 rudder straight arm with the ball links on the outer hole.

gyro

GSN Contributor
For the rudder pull-pull rods assembly i have used the cross setup i have chose the right way? I'm asking this because my rods are quite strength at center but when i'm at full travel i had the rods quite sloppy so i was thinking if this will be a problem or if the air pressure will minimize the problem.

I use Secraft V2 rudder straight arm with the ball links on the outer hole.

Mine is the same way, works fine.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Excited to be getting my 92" back out this weekend. Haven't flown it in a month, and she's now got the fixed muffler, some Hitec HS-9370TH servos, a Fromeco Wolverine switch powering the Optima-9 Rx.
Looking forward to the re-maiden Saturday.

I'm quite ready for the maiden but i have doubt about the cog. On mine it is very difficult to have the cog on the wing tube the plane is really tail heavy.

My setup is this:
DLE-55 on stock muffler
Xoar 23x8 wood prop
Savox 1257 for throttle
Savox SV-1272 on all surfaces
2x 2s lipo 1600mah for rx with a Jeti DSP-40 digital switch
2s Life 1450mah for Ignition with a regulated kill switch
Stock tank
All the batteries are behind the firewall (inside the firewall box) the switch and killswitch are on the side of the tank a little in front.
The cowl weight about 350 grams and to have the cog on wing tube i have to add a little over 700grams...

I see videos from Aeroplus with dle-55 on a WV scheme plane and i tried to email to Stephen to ask where the cog was on that plane.

I see also that at Joe Nall there was one anyone know the setup or the cog used?

Is the cog that manual suggest a little to conservative?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm quite ready for the maiden but i have doubt about the cog. On mine it is very difficult to have the cog on the wing tube the plane is really tail heavy.

My setup is this:
DLE-55 on stock muffler
Xoar 23x8 wood prop
Savox 1257 for throttle
Savox SV-1272 on all surfaces
2x 2s lipo 1600mah for rx with a Jeti DSP-40 digital switch
2s Life 1450mah for Ignition with a regulated kill switch
Stock tank
All the batteries are behind the firewall (inside the firewall box) the switch and killswitch are on the side of the tank a little in front.
The cowl weight about 350 grams and to have the cog on wing tube i have to add a little over 700grams...

I see videos from Aeroplus with dle-55 on a WV scheme plane and i tried to email to Stephen to ask where the cog was on that plane.

I see also that at Joe Nall there was one anyone know the setup or the cog used?

Is the cog that manual suggest a little to conservative?

Don't add any weight yet, just take it for a test flight... See how it flies before you spend a ton of time on a balancing machine.
You never know, you might love how it flies at its current balance point.

Don't add any weight yet, just take it for a test flight... See how it flies before you spend a ton of time on a balancing machine.
You never know, you might love how it flies at its current balance point.

But if the plane in really tail heavy i have doubt i can land it in one piece... Stephen from Aeroplus has replied to me that he will check with his pilots.

If anyone has a useful range of CoG just for the maiden it will be super.

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Honestly i never even checked mine and have flown it with pipes without pipes with stock muffler, even with a camera and never had a problem with it being way out.

gyro

GSN Contributor
While I had the cowl off to work on the engine, I decided to cut away a little more cowl area to get more air on the fins:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405446701.733200.jpg

Should help keep the engine nice and cool.