• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have been running the suggestions given, along with my own thoughts, over and over in my head all day long. Plus taking into account this firewall was designed for a 150 as noticeable by the interlocking sides, corner stock, as well as pinned. And I have come to the conclusion that I am going to notch the top corner for a washer and nut, double up the 1/4" mount on the motor bolts, and bolt it all in place with epoxy between the two added plies. I'll post some pics when I get back on it as I spent the day doing some final touches on the clean up from the demo. And tomorrow will be yard and pasture work as it is knee high and I can't take it any longer.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
See? You knew all along. I honestly did not notice the keyed and pinned assembly. Sorry I missed that.
You know how it is, some time's we don't really see something until we say and hear something. I had an idea but was not sure until Dimes mentioned cut it all out. I was like "What!, It is in there really really good"...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
You know how it is, some time's we don't really see something until we say and hear something. I had an idea but was not sure until Dimes mentioned cut it all out. I was like "What!, It is in there really really good"...

Exactly. But I am saying cut that blasted "angled sided" portion of the motor box off. Rocco ( AeroWorks) and Herve (PAU) have always had to be different in their motor box designs. And it ended up being a PIA trying to get your favorite engine mounted to them.
:dancing-chicken::nightmare::laughing:.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Exactly. But I am saying cut that blasted "angled sided" portion of the motor box off. Rocco ( AeroWorks) and Herve (PAU) have always had to be different in their motor box designs. And it ended up being a PIA trying to get your favorite engine mounted to them.
:dancing-chicken::nightmare::laughing:.
It is a bit odd but then so is this engine mount. I have never seen one with the top bolts so far out there. This box is built so strong I just can't even think about cutting it off, and those that know me know I have done that a number of time's before. But I believe this mount will do nicely without any compromises and if need be can be removed easily, although I doubt the Dub will ever come off but who knows.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok folk's! Here is what I came up with, if this pull's loose I'll quit the hobby. The butterfly nut's are for on and off, when it actually get's mounted there will be lock nuts. I will take it back off and give the nose a good coat of resin and reinstall after the gear is on.

Attachments

• P1090304.JPG
    P1090304.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 382
  • P1090303.JPG
    P1090303.JPG
    418.9 KB · Views: 375
  • P1090302.JPG
    P1090302.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 380