• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrection Aeroworks 85cc Yak

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I've got the 75cc version 3W 75 twin spark. Bought it used. Managed to rip the gear out. Fixed that. Then the gear de-laminated. I bought the last set of carbon fiber landing gear for it in the country from Chief. Then I botched a landing and got caught in the sunflowers at at the edge of the runway (guess who does the mowing?) and tore the fuselage in half. Turns out someone had done that before. It's fixed now and in the trailer waiting for me to man up and start flying it again. I hate tearing stuff up.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I've got the 75cc version 3W 75 twin spark. Bought it used. Managed to rip the gear out. Fixed that. Then the gear de-laminated. I bought the last set of carbon fiber landing gear for it in the country from Chief. Then I botched a landing and got caught in the sunflowers at at the edge of the runway (guess who does the mowing?) and tore the fuselage in half. Turns out someone had done that before. It's fixed now and in the trailer waiting for me to man up and start flying it again. I hate tearing stuff up.
I've got the same plane and I've ripped the landing gear out twice. Mine has the aluminum gear for use of canister muffler. Fun planes to fly....

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The wall has been epoxied in place. I went a bit thinner than what was there, I dug out at least a half inch of wood and replaced it with three eighths. Tomorrow I will put hardwood on the inside corners and glass the front perimeter.

Attachments

• P1080452.JPG
    P1080452.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 313

Yakman

70cc twin V2
@acerc what is the plane in the background. I might try an Imac competition for the first time using my Yak in a couple weeks.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Does anyone know where the thrust line is? I am working on the engine mount, if I go by the engine box the prop hub is off center of the cowl, if I go by the cowl the engine just don't look right to the fuse. I can adjust the cowl to where it needs to be of which looks to need shims on the top, it points upwards just a tad.

Attachments

• P1080453.JPG
    P1080453.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 293

Yakman

70cc twin V2
A couple years ago another local pilot had the 75cc Yak 54 like mine. He had broke it a couple times and had it fixed. He crashed it again and damaged the fuse beyond repair. Called me and said the main wings were in great shape and if i wanted them to come pick them up. Well surprised they were like new condition still and free. Well on other site, other thread, I mentioned i had them. It was a little bit of time I got a PM from a pilot in a gulf state asking about them. Told Gent if he wanted to pay shipping he could have them for free like i got them. It was like $70 or so to fed ex them to him. It's not very often i'm in a position to help somebody like that. It was a great feeling to help someone to get an awesome plane in the air again.