• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrection Aeroworks 85cc Yak

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I agree with the old style but now they put a cover to support the connection. The old style I would use dielectric silicon to shore it up, but, haven't seen one of those in a couple years.
The wires broke off about an 1 1/2 inches from where your arrow is marking on the switch i had.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The tail is done, wing is done, motor mounted, batteries and Rx installed. I still have to install the throttle servo but in no hurry as I am waiting for a prop, a Ultra IBEC, and a Bridge rectifier. The stock muffler won't fit in this arrangement so I need to order a Pitts style. But in the mean time I am going to cut a corner out of the stock so as to fit and have it welded back up.

Attachments

• P1080457.JPG
    P1080457.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 440

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The throttle and choke servo ply plate has been epoxied in. I don't really care for this placement but with the orientation of the carb it is good as it is going to get without major modifications to the box. When cured I'll put the servo mount blocks in place and that will be it until stuff starts showing up.

Attachments

• P1080458.JPG
    P1080458.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 411

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Robert,

Can you post a picture of the tube of dielectric silicone you used on your MPI switches? I have one of the old style MPI switches with the exposed solder joints and I'd like to get a tube.

Thank you Sir.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Robert,

Can you post a picture of the tube of dielectric silicone you used on your MPI switches? I have one of the old style MPI switches with the exposed solder joints and I'd like to get a tube.

Thank you Sir.
Ok, well, ummmm. I guess I have to cough it up but don't tell anyone, ok. I use 100% pure silicon, it does not conduct electricity once cured and is semi flexible.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Got a little done today, the throttle and choke servos installed as well as finished up the wiring. The geometry worked out real well on the set-up, I am at max on end points with 45° throw on ail's, ele's, and rudder. Later on, when or if I get to more aggressive needs, I can re adjust the linkage for more throw but I doubt this airframe will be around then. All I am waiting on now is some fuel line and doing the exhaust.

Attachments

• P1080461.JPG
    P1080461.JPG
    344.7 KB · Views: 486

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Got a little done today, the throttle and choke servos installed as well as finished up the wiring. The geometry worked out real well on the set-up, I am at max on end points with 45° throw on ail's, ele's, and rudder. Later on, when or if I get to more aggressive needs, I can re adjust the linkage for more throw but I doubt this airframe will be around then. All I am waiting on now is some fuel line and doing the exhaust.
Looks like you have done a nice job of reviving that Yak