• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aj aircraft 93,73,56 laser

AJ did that setup. He is probably the only one whom can answer that question at the moment. I am sure it will be a great combo. I have one on a 3DHS 74" edge and it is stupid powered. Mine AJL will be 12s electric. At least this first one will be.

AJ did that setup. He is probably the only one whom can answer that question at the moment. I am sure it will be a great combo. I have one on a 3DHS 74" edge and it is stupid powered. Mine AJL will be 12s electric. At least this first one will be.
A 73" plane on 12s?!?! Or is that for when the 70cc comes out, but either way, it will be crazy! :popcorn:

I am doing a A60-8S on 12s 3300s. AJs setup is a A60-5S which is just a different wind of the same motor. He is running 8s 4400s. 8x4400=35,200/12=2933. So I should be running 3000s to equal the weight. I am adding a few ounces and I should have a more efficient setup, so my flight times will be longer. Originally he was running 8s 5000s which is how I came up with my system. This way I can share my packs from my 60" EF planes.

I did a 89 slick on a Hacker Q80-8M on 12s 5300. The 92 is a evolution of that airplane so I know it will work. The problem is that you increase the weight of the airplane by 80%, yet you are only able to increase the battery capacity by 60%. You are going to increase your power by 80% to get 6000 watts, so you are getting shorter flight times with a high amp draw. If you up the batteries to 6000 you are adding even more weight and you enter into the large electric death spiral. Gas is lighter at this size. You do electric for the instant power, noise, and for some the less hassle of not having to deal with tuning and gas support equipment. I know at one club, they are installing 24V charging, so 12s electric will be easy.