• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anybody interested in a P-47 Build?

Bet that will sound good. Did you see they have a ready to cover version?

What brand is your engine?

I'm doing the Top Flight P47 in ARF form, but changing up the scheme. Will have a 70cc 4-stroke single on a small canister muffler. Should sound pretty wicked on high speed runs. Engine on test stand spun up the 22 x 10 x 4 prop like it was not even there.

So the center section of the stab had ply sheeting. For some reason kits are harder for me to follow and I messed up by gluing the center sheeting not level with the ribs. No biggie just added another thin piece and sanded it out.

Sheeted one side of the stab too.

p-47build11.jpg
p-47build12.jpg
p-47build13.jpg
p-47build14.jpg

Made the rudder skins from the plan. Had to sand the trailing edge of them at an angle so they can be glued together. Glued on the skins.

p-47build15.jpg
p-47build16.jpg

p-47build17.jpg
p-47build18.jpg

Once dry flipped it over and added some wood to hold the hinge points. Beefed up certain areas for later.
p-47build19.jpg

p-47build20.jpg

p-47build21.jpg

p-47build22.jpg