• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anybody interested in a P-47 Build?

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Now I needed to match up the holes with the elevators. Knowing this will most likely present some issues I put my thinking cap on and found some center punches at McMaster Carr. They were 3/16 holes and they had some 3/16 center punches. Worked great! Then I used the Robart guide to drill the holes. Doubt I am the only one to think of this but never seen it before.

Robert

View attachment 43036 View attachment 43037 View attachment 43038
I can not find these center punches on the website. I've been working on using another method to mark offset hinges but this looks like a much better idea. Can younpost the link? Thanks.

Cut some G10 to fit on the recess I made. This is for the shroud that is at the elevator leading edge.

On the real one on the inside it has a slight curve where the elevator attaches. So cut some balsa strips for that and tried to think of some whizz bang idea to sand a curve in it.

p-47build71.jpg

p-47build72.jpg

p-47build73.jpg

Attachments

• p-47build74.jpg
    p-47build74.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 309
Tried to make some fancy hand sanding block with a dowel then remembered (usually after the fact) that I had a whole bunch of bits for my Dremel that have probably never been used. Found the one below and it made the perfect curve and was done in 15 minutes.

Will probably put the tail stuff aside and start on the fuse. Getting tired of looking at them and don't need the building board to work on them any more.

Robert

p-47build75.jpg
p-47build77.jpg

Got tired of looking at the tail so decided to start the fuse. Ran out of T-pins so had to run up to Jo-Annes to get some more. Funny how they manage to disappear. My son must have a stash of all my things missing somewhere.

p-47build79.jpg
p-47build80.jpg
p-47build81.jpg