• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Become A Model Aviation Mentor. Help Others In Our Sport!

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Does one have to be a member of a chartered club for this? I was a member at ERCMAC in Evansville, but I let it lapse since I only flew there 2 or 3 times last summer. At any rate, I'm in Derby, IN 47525, if you want to add me to the list. I've built several planes (ARFs) and a 600 heli. I also have a DX8 and DX6i I can use for a buddy box if necessary.

AMA membership not required at all (but shame on you for letting it lapse ;)). Thanks for volunteering!!!

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Well, I'm by no means a seasoned expert like you, Frank. But if someone needs help getting their first plane in the air or pointers on how to put together an ARF, I can certainly help out!

Pontus Rydin
Club 1: Somerset Signal Senders (Bridgewater, NJ)
Club 2: GCA (Washington, NJ)
Blog: http://www.3drcforums.com/blog.php?109-NJSwede

Outstanding! Thanks for helping out!

You guys here on 3DRC forums have really stepped up and that is great to see. Appreciate your willingness to help out.

Frank

quadracer

100cc
No, I keep my AMA card up, I just let my club membership lapse. :) I know 90% of clubs and fly-ins out there require AMA membership, so I'm definitely not letting that lapse!

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
No, I keep my AMA card up, I just let my club membership lapse. :) I know 90% of clubs and fly-ins out there require AMA membership, so I'm definitely not letting that lapse!

Good for you sir! Some people bag on the AMA, but I have learned that really do a lot for our sport and I enjoy the monthly magazine.

Frank

gyro

GSN Contributor
Frank,

Please put me down as well, San Antonio, TX. blog is here: http://www.3drcforums.com/blog.php?3-GYRO

I've built about 30 ARFs this past year or so... and I'm comfortable helping others in building them.
While I'm not a desginated RC Instructor Pilot, my "other" credentials lend well to teaching others how to fly the basics, so I'm able to do that as well.

Many thanks to you for organizing this awesome project.

-G

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
You got it Gary! Thanks for volunteering!

And you are welcome; glad to help. Promoting model aviation is what I do. :)

Frank

Throw me up for Plano/Dallas Texas :) Ill get a link to my blog tonight :) I fly at 114th RC Aero Squadron in Grapevine.
-Chad

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahmed

30cc
Hi Frank,
Great idea and execution.
You can add me to the list in or around NYC. I fly at 2 clubs in Rockland County NY and sometimes during the summer fly in Long Island after work. I can help with planes/helicopters flying lessons, tips on flying. I can be reach by PM's here and on that other forum under Ahmed_A

Tks

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Throw me up for Plano/Dallas Texas :) Ill get a link to my blog tonight :) I fly at 114th RC Aero Squadron in Grapevine.
-Chad

Got it Chad, thanks! I have you on our map now, but how can I list you as? Flight instructor, builder, 3D pilot etc? Just let me know.

Thanks,

Frank