• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Been working on my harriers... Question.

3D-Joy

50cc
Yeah again to each is own about stick tension. I honnestly didnt think much about the soft for pinchers and stiff for thumbers thing before posting.

Still, I really can't see how having soft throttle and stiff rudder can help in anything. Check your radios guys, I have yet to see a DX7 and up radio without this adjustment from the factory.

Ant

50cc
I like a good bit of tension on the sticks and hat's the first thing I do when I get a new radio and adjust the length too. I'm a pincher.

3D Joy;17101 wrote: Yeah again to each is own about stick tension. I honnestly didnt think much about the soft for pinchers and stiff for thumbers thing before posting.

Still, I really can't see how having soft throttle and stiff rudder can help in anything. Check your radios guys, I have yet to see a DX7 and up radio without this adjustment from the factory.
Old DX7 or new?

There are light stick tensions among all the newer Spektrum radios. From the DX7 to the DX18. I'll stick with my JR 9503 until it finally craps out. (Been good so far, knock on wood.) I'll probably end up getting another 9503 or maybe even a 12X if I can find one for the right price.

If you like the feel of the 10X, you'll really like the 12. I opted for the 11X. I like that it has a few more features that the 12 doesnt have. I couldnt tell you what all they are, but they are there if/when you need them.

I also have a older DX7. It has a real.good feel to it. Havent geeked with the stick tension, as I use it solely for foamy flying.

Bunky F. Knuckle;17362 wrote: If you like the feel of the 10X, you'll really like the 12. I opted for the 11X. I like that it has a few more features that the 12 doesnt have. I couldnt tell you what all they are, but they are there if/when you need them.

I also have a older DX7. It has a real.good feel to it. Havent geeked with the stick tension, as I use it solely for foamy flying.
I've flown on a couple of 11X's, but they don't feel right to me. Dunno why. The design, maybe? The 12X, on the other hand, fits much more like my 9503.

They are perfect for a full on thumb flyer, like some of my friends are. They both have 11X's and love them.

Had one guy get an 11X, because I fly them. He couldnt understand the programming on them. But yet, he claimed to know the Spektrum programmig well. He couldnt find where to incorp dual aileron mode or how to do dual elevator mode. He had everything set up on PMixes. Which is ok, but only when you dont programming available. He asked me how he could turn off the rotary knob on his QQ18.........

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A friend of mine uses an 11X with some really blinged up knob extensions that are like finger rest pads at the top. He really likes them and he is also a thumber. He is quite the pilot as he has competed and won some competitions. Any one else using anything like this? How is it working out for you?

stangflyer;17446 wrote: A friend of mine uses an 11X with some really blinged up knob extensions that are like finger rest pads at the top. He really likes them and he is also a thumber. He is quite the pilot as he has competed and won some competitions. Any one else using anything like this? How is it working out for you?
I've flown OPP with those sticks. Hated them.