• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bowman rings....Gone!

poprlite

50cc
I went to order some rings today and what'd I find out? Bowman....NO more rings. On every dle engine I have had with the exception of the first one has had these in them from the first flip. What am I gonna do?

Anyone know where else to get a set of rings like Frank made? I found a guy by the name of Noel Jensen on a google search but he only deals in four stroke glow engines.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just run the stock ones, they changed the material used a long time ago and they break in just like DA, ZDZ etc. They do have a slightly larger gap but they are doing well. Both my DLE120's are two years old and running same compression as my 111 with bowman rings.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I went to order some rings today and what'd I find out? Bowman....NO more rings. On every dle engine I have had with the exception of the first one has had these in them from the first flip. What am I gonna do?

Anyone know where else to get a set of rings like Frank made? I found a guy by the name of Noel Jensen on a google search but he only deals in four stroke glow engines.
Ask @Flyrcjoe talked to him at HOW, and he gave me someones contact for finding decent rings. I can't remember who it was, BUT he wrote it on top of cowl box we had in camp. @emtp275 look on that box tell us what it is.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
There's a lengthy thread over "there" that says it all. He's retired and selling off the remaining stock, which I doubt is much anymore. Vital Rc had a few but I think they're bout sold out too.