• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
As a CD I would have rejected those and made the contestant prove (as the rules state) that it met scale requirements. Those 2 items though were not around when I ran my IMAC contests though in my region.

WOW, you're a hard ass arn't ya!!;) Obviously as stated at the beginning this plane was designed for "awesome" and 3D in mind so it's more for the freestyle segment of the IMAC to leave everyone else like this
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif
shocked crazy-smiley-emoticon.gif

HOWEVER, I just took a picture next to two other planes that I own from various manufacturers that are supposedly IMAC legal. I won't say or post anything else......lets just say this plane is going to fit into PAU's lineup quite well.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I did the "reed update" for my DLE as long as I had it out. It consists of a half second reed on the outside similar to what DA did with the 70 twin. But, it will require a little needle tweaking. Plus the prototype J&A's will have different back pressure so I wanted to make sure everything is nifty for maiden tomorrow.

I've run this engine for probably 50 or so flights last year and it has run super. What I found with the J&A's was an instant gain of 100rpm. Super badass deep tone and I think it may have helped my bottom end spool up just a bit. I have the 28x9 Falcon on there but now it was pushing 7100 in this video and both high and low are just a hair rich. Low idle is super smooth at 1150rpm. I'll fly this one for maiden because this prop pulls HARD. We'll see what it does and I may switch back to the 29x9 I was running last year, I already tossed it in my truck.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Didn't want to loose this..........probably should be in its own thread.

From a post by Kent Porter (August 2009) on the IMAC web site forums regarding the 10% scale.

3. Open Events

3.1. The events accommodate aerobatic monoplanes and biplanes which are replicas of types known to have competed in International Aerobatic Club (IAC) competition, or replicas of types known to be capable of aerobatic competition within the airspace known as the “Box.”

3.2. All classes except Basic require that the pilot must meet the requirements defined in Rule 3.1. The Basic Class is open to all competitors with a monoplane or biplane aircraft. There is no minimum size requirement for any class. Contest Directors may make an exception for a model of a full-scale aircraft that was built for IAC competition, but has not yet competed. Proof of the latter is the responsibility of the contestant.

6. Proof of Scale

6.1. To prove that the model resembles a particular aircraft some proof of scale is required.

6.2. Proof of scale is the responsibility of the contestant.

6.3. The general outlines of the model shall approximate the full size outlines of the subject aircraft. Exact scale is not required. The model shall be judged for likeness at a distance of approximately 10 feet.

6.4. If the contestant presents no proof of scale material with the model, and the CD can determine that the aircraft is a replica of a full size aircraft, then the contestant will be allowed to have his/her entry considered.

6.5. Scale shall be determined by the wingspan. A change in wingspan will become a change in overall Scale. Fuselage width, height and aircraft planform or any other variations shall not exceed 10% of scale, with the exception of airfoils and size/shape of control surface within the scale outline rule.

Providing the above hasn't changed, the Viper will be IMAC legal providing the wingspan meets the 10% rule and the general outline of "X" model, in this case the MXS. I do believe the MXS has competed in IAC. The split ailerons, split cowl, cowl vents, etc. are not determining factors.

Last edited:

Komet163

50cc
Hate to beat this IMAC stuff to death but as Terry showed in the MXS-ST thread the Viper does meet the scale outline. The MXS has a fuse length of 21.35' or 256.2", wingspan is 24' or 288". 10% of these is; fuse 2.135'/25.62", ws 2.4'/28.8". 35% of MXS= fuse 5.91'/76.86, ws 7.2'/100.8". PAU Viper = fuse length8.29'/99.5", ws 8.6'/104" (without sfg's). Do the math.
Oh yea I needed one funded to plus MXS kit for I am plane poor and need help to get a couple.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I got my repainted parts back from my friend Pedro who did a beautiful job matching the colors. Back to work finishing for the week-end.
I don't like the covering possibly getting wrinkled inside the canopy, on top of the dash, where I cannot access with an iron to fix it, so I remove a piece of covering, and paint it flat black.
I trace the outline on the covering, and I make sure the cut line is under the painted part of the canopy, about 1/2" inside the outline.
IMG_0085.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 222