• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been getting quite a few PM's and calls asking "when" the Vipers and other new PAU's will be here. When I talked with Herve this past weekend it sounded like it took the factory multiple tries to get the cowl the way we wanted it and as far as I know they have been working on re-doing the bottoms before shipping.

First run headaches are not fun!! Better to wait and get it right than to get it and be upset with the results. Sounds like they'll shove off soon though so thanks for your patience and understanding. I'm right there with you on the waiting list for a plane and a cowl for the prototype to fit a DA120.

As soon as Herve get's word that the ship has left, I'm sure everyone will know.

I spoke to Herve about this just a couple days ago.

He told me that the factory had some delays but that they were currently boxing up everything for loading into the container. He's still hoping to have the Vipers in by mid-late November.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
@Terryscustom I looked back through this thread but wasn't sure if I was following things... Is there a certain muffler I should be getting for the DA120 to fit the Viper cowls?

I HIGHLY recommend the J&A mufflers that Herve sells. They are a slick compact muffler an work great. J&A is hands down the best mufflers made in the USA. I've drawn up some for other engines as well and even J&A prototypes are better than anything else out there.

Twister

70cc twin V2
Hey Terry. While i'm waiting on a Green Viper, I'm going to start to collect all the stuffing's and have some questions.

Do the Mks 777's fit in the wings without shimming ( I know they are a little deep for servo's )

I have a GP123 which is a powerhouse of an engine but I was thinking, How would the ZDZ112 do in the Viper? I think it's about a 1/2 lb lighter.

Thanks Jim

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Terry. While i'm waiting on a Green Viper, I'm going to start to collect all the stuffing's and have some questions.
Do the Mks 777's fit in the wings without shimming ( I know they are a little deep for servo's )
I have a GP123 which is a powerhouse of an engine but I was thinking, How would the ZDZ112 do in the Viper? I think it's about a 1/2 lb lighter.
Thanks Jim

- 777's are perfect, that's what I'm running in my Viper and my Edge and fit with no issues in all the PAU 120cc planes. Single in tail on rudder, stabs and wings. 1250 is a perfect throttle servo.

- If it were me I woul go with teh 123 since you already have it. The surfaces are huge so it would do great with a 112 but I'm afraid during aggressive full deflection stuff it will be a tad weak. I'm really digging my 112 in my Edge, the power is about what you get from a DLE111 but with a smoothness in operation and response that is hard to describe. I'm actually on the lookout to put ES composite pipes on mine when I can find a deal on some which will add a little more kick to the 112. Even if I have to buy them new I'll probably have some in there by Spring.

When the new planes come in and I can get the production cowl for my yellow Viper I'll be switching it over to a DA120, and I'm building myself another one (green) that will also have a DA120.

Hope this helps?

Twister

70cc twin V2
- 777's are perfect, that's what I'm running in my Viper and my Edge and fit with no issues in all the PAU 120cc planes. Single in tail on rudder, stabs and wings. 1250 is a perfect throttle servo.

- If it were me I woul go with teh 123 since you already have it. The surfaces are huge so it would do great with a 112 but I'm afraid during aggressive full deflection stuff it will be a tad weak. I'm really digging my 112 in my Edge, the power is about what you get from a DLE111 but with a smoothness in operation and response that is hard to describe. I'm actually on the lookout to put ES composite pipes on mine when I can find a deal on some which will add a little more kick to the 112. Even if I have to buy them new I'll probably have some in there by Spring.

When the new planes come in and I can get the production cowl for my yellow Viper I'll be switching it over to a DA120, and I'm building myself another one (green) that will also have a DA120.

Hope this helps?

Thanks Maybe I will go with the GP123 being that I have to use cans only at my field. I can't wait to try the 777's all around, I have 1 on the rudder of my 3dhs 108 extra and it's so smooth.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
3693DBC43B8D7A24CD8444DE1463C0BA.jpg
540132656FB63D55D23661B248484892.jpg
The (first) container has left the factory.