• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand New PAU........Viper-ST Announced!!!!!!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't normally like green but yours works. I'd like the flames coming from the vents though!

I still need to paint the yellow around my canopy, we'll see after we get plenty of video, pics etc. to promote the ARF. To put flames I'd have to glass and paint the canopy deck but it crossed my mind before Herve even said that the prototype paint didn't match;).

Make it three! Looking at the pic where they are side by side, from the front, that yellow one is just begging for vent flames!

BJ Swope

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Time for more prototypes!!! As you may know PAU is going to start selling J&A mufflers and they are working on a couple of prototypes specifically for the DA120 / DLE120 for all these new beautiful planes coming out.

Just got a box and got off the phone with Joe and J&A mufflers. This is the first set to prototype for the DLE120 to make sure they fit the cowl. This is a pretty sleek cowl like the Edge so we need to make sure they fit. I am sold on the J&A quality and design, I recently switched over my DA120 from a different brand to J&A Slick Compacts and gained almost 150RPM on the 29x9 which was a nice unexpected bonus. I'm pretty excited to see what these do on the DLE, but first I need to test fit them and if they don't work I can't run them until they are revised.

The stock DLE 120 muffs are nice, but I will be honest that out of four sets that I have, two have leaked on the seams and one leaks on the mounting flange. Face it, they are an engine mfg. so I don't hold this against them.

Stay tuned for more on the J&A mufflers...... Made in the USA too!!:woohoo!:

_DSC0482.JPG

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I kinda have a love hate relationship with the J&A mufflers. The first set was on a slick which leaked around the welds on the very first run. Same thing happened on my PAU Edge (maybe I was unlucky)...however, both instances they were replaced immediately with no questions asked and J&A backed up the companies I purchased them from. On to the love part, they sound better than the da stock compact muffs, look better, no bolt hole in the exhaust port, and best part is due to their shape its easier to get to the needles. I never did compare RPM though but do love the sound they produce! Glad to see they are now coming out with some for the dle!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
J&A / DLE120 prototypes mounted. Waiting for the go-ahead to run these for the maiden on Thursday. I'm itching to hear what the DLE120 sounds like with these mufflers vs. the stock tinny ones with the teflon stacks. Should sound like it has some serious cojones. They followed the drawings I sent them to the tee so they will exactly fit a cowl previously cut for a DLE120 mufflers, AND they give plenty of air circulation around the carb without crating a huge cowl interference like I had on my old Edge with a different brand (see butchered cowl in background).

I never trust windfinder until three days out and it's calling for 9 mph now and about 60 degrees. Should be a great day for maiden and maybe a couple flights on the green Viper as well.

_DSC0488.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0489.JPG
    _DSC0489.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 237

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the OK to fly the new J&A's so I'll pull it out tonight and fire it up for some test-n-tune. Wind is up tomorrow but still only 10-15 so we'll do a maiden in the afternoon.

FINALLY! I can't believe it has taken this long for someone to offer an ARF with "Split Ailerons".
Even on this Thread, it has not even begun to talk about all of the advantages offered by the Split Aileron concept.
So I will take the liberty of listing them.
1. No more broken or worn out servos due to mismatched binding servos.

2. No more aileron Flexing.

3. Tame your 3D plane design by using only the outboard sections of the ailerons. That's all I use for IMAC, even for Snap Rolls.

4. On this size plane with only one Rudder servo, if you turn your radio on with the wrong model selected, you won't have 4 high torque servos
binding up on the ailerons.

5. With the flip of a switch, you now have Flaps, Crow or Air Brakes.

6. Programing that took hours before (to perfectly match servos) now takes minutes.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
:yesss: Well said. Plus even if I match my servos the best I possibly can on a full length aileron I find that I save an average of 150-200mah per four flights. Pretty much nothing, but it tells you there is other stuff going on.

One you forgot is if you should have a linkage come off, servo fail or something of that nature you sill have full control.