Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Stevendavis, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Nicely done that aileron is not easy to build. So hinge point will be interesting to find for the end section. Nice work.

Stevendavis likes this.
  2. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Thanks guys! Just got my wood order, so I can get started on the right wing panel. Hinging is another thing I've got to get worked out.

3. What style hinges are you planning to use?

Stevendavis likes this.
  4. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

I'm thinking of using the Sig X hinges, and a length of piano wire to secure them, as I'll be able to remove the surfaces if I need to. If I go with any thing else, it will probably just be Robart 3/16 pin hinges. I think the Sig X's will be easier to install though.

5. Look like they are top hinged, should be fun. Hinging is one part of the build I hate, tried many different methods put ever found one I like.

Stevendavis likes this.
  6. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

I hear ya!! I've gotten a few robarts off kilter. Gives a nice squeak to the surface. :confused??: I have a better time with the CA hinges :too-cool:

7. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Well, I decided to use the Sig Super X hinges. I've used them alot in the past and like them. I'll be using some music wire to pin them so I can remove the surfaces if I need to. Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

I'm also thinking of installing the HK light I have.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    So the lights are powered from the receiver at 2S lipo. That’s handy looks interesting. And the port it is plugged into has control of on/off.

Stevendavis likes this.
  10. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Yep, it plugs right into the receiver and I use an aux switch to turn them on and off. It does work really well.