• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

TonyHallo

150cc
Robart makes great stuff, you will be happy with it. Not sure about the tail wheel, although Sig is top of the line as well. I learned a lot about building model airplanes from Sig kits I built along the way. Have a Sig Morrisey Bravo kit on the shelf that might be next up on the build list.

The Morrisey is a great plane. The modern gassers are a great match for the older kits. I've also built quiet a few of the Sig kits in the past! One of my favorites is the Spacewalker.

More goodies showed up today.

Attachments

• IMG_3284.JPG
    IMG_3284.JPG
    607.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    544.4 KB · Views: 299
Can one of you guys, with a lathe, machine down these Airtop axles, "just the threaded portion", to the same size as the Robart axle? The Robart axle is 3/16" and the Airtop axles are 1/4".

Attachments

• IMG_3288 (2).JPG
    IMG_3288 (2).JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 300

TonyHallo

150cc
Sure, you want 1/4" threads turned down to 3/16"? How long do you the 3/16" area to be? Can you make a drawing? I've made 1/4" axles out of 1/4" bolts, turn the head down to 5/16" or so and make it thinner, eliminate the need for wheel collars. The other option is to use 1/4" and 7/32" KS brass tube as a filler in the 1/4" hole on the wheels.

Thanks Tony,
Just shoot me your mailing address and I'll get them out to you. The Robart axle is too short, so I have to use the Airtop Axles. Just turning down the threaded part, plus maybe 1/8" will do great! Thank you!

TonyHallo

150cc
So just to be certain, you want the threaded portion plus 1/8" past turned down to the diameter of the Robart axle. How would you like the shoulder finished? Square, tapered, or radius? I'm thinking a square end would just butt the Robart housing an look good.

So just to be certain, you want the threaded portion plus 1/8" past turned down to the diameter of the Robart axle. How would you like the shoulder finished? Square, tapered, or radius? I'm thinking a square end would just butt the Robart housing an look good.

Yep and Yep! Square would be best for fitment. Thanks a bunch for doing this for me! :angel: