• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, sorry, we won't go there but neat concept for the right plane. The ability to tumble won't be an issue with teh stabs I have scratched out. Precision is equally important.

Yea, sorry, we won't go there but neat concept for the right plane. The ability to tumble won't be an issue with teh stabs I have scratched out. Precision is equally important.
I'm surprised we don't see more models of Leo Laudenslager's Shark, the successor to his Laser with full - flying stabs and a large sub-fin. That would be something really different. I think Baron Johnson flew one in the IMAC Nats about 10 years ago.

WMcNabb

150cc
The Shark featured a conventional elevator but moveable horizontal stabilizer as well as a conventional rudder and moveable vertical stabilizer.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Quite a bit of mechanics involved there, very cool but extremely hard to replicate with servos. I think I'll stick to 50 degrees with a servo;) Thanks for posting the shark vid though, I had heard of it but now I need to read more about it!!! I do know one thing.......if I were the test pilot in that thing I would have quadruple checked my parachute!!