• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Needs a fuselage attached to it though......I'll get to work on that part. I am going to set the engine box up to handle the DA120, but I'll be running a nearly new DLE111 with bowman rings. Barely broken in but a very strong running engine.

I'm also having so much fun with the flaps on the Vipers I think I'm going to do split ailerons and cored surfaces and belly pan.

tylerzx9r

100cc
As I was doing some research on the DLE engines, (just because I have a budget planned for the Viper, It will get a DA next year!) The 111, compared to the 120 in HP is about perfectly even given the weight saving of .5 lbs. on the 111. If you were to look at it from a thrust issue though, it is hands down the 120, and as I have talked with several people who have purchased the 120, I must say.... They are all impressed! I will be intrigued at how things work out for you on the CAP. Although knowing you... It will also be a light aircraft!:way_to_go:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yea, I'm going with the 111 because I have it on hand. I have a 120 available but have another project for Spring that I need that one for;). And no, I'm not tellin ya:dancing-chicken:

tylerzx9r

100cc
Yea, I'm going with the 111 because I have it on hand. I have a 120 available but have another project for Spring that I need that one for;). And no, I'm not tellin ya:dancing-chicken:
Good, otherwise I may have to start selling off body parts also! Your stuff is always so cool to see, and now to know we can all own some part of that...... I don't think my smile can get any bigger!:epic:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry, watching your builds make me want to put something together. Then I go, oh wait, I can't even finish a foamy.

Don't worry, it takes me an average of 6 months to a year to build a foamy too!!! I have three new in box right now, now that you mention it:(

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
As I was doing some research on the DLE engines, (just because I have a budget planned for the Viper, It will get a DA next year!) The 111, compared to the 120 in HP is about perfectly even given the weight saving of .5 lbs. on the 111. If you were to look at it from a thrust issue though, it is hands down the 120, and as I have talked with several people who have purchased the 120, I must say.... They are all impressed! I will be intrigued at how things work out for you on the CAP. Although knowing you... It will also be a light aircraft!:way_to_go:
DLE 120 is a perfect match for the Viper.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Needs a fuselage attached to it though......I'll get to work on that part. I am going to set the engine box up to handle the DA120, but I'll be running a nearly new DLE111 with bowman rings. Barely broken in but a very strong running engine.

I'm also having so much fun with the flaps on the Vipers I think I'm going to do split ailerons and cored surfaces and belly pan.
Oh yea, split flaps are the way to go.