• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You keep shooting clear like that, and you'll put me out of business if you ever get into the automotive industry!
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I've taught more than a few how to do bodywork and paint over the last 35 years and Terry looks like one of guys that just gets it right away.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've just always kinda been good with painting and materials, building and stuff like that. Thanks for the compliments though.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Back in the shop today but won't me much exciting happening on the CAP. I buffed off a couple of dust particles with 1000 and today's project is 6-8 coats of mold release wax, and maybe later assemble parting boards.

_DSC0451.JPG
Wax on, buff off with microfiber, wait one hour, repeat......

matt-cap231330LX

New to GSN!
I always liked that version of the CAP cowl... Made it much easier to design a flowing paint design, unlike the cheeked version that all CAPs left the factory with. It was made by a fellow in Texas...not sure how many he sold... Figured I'd share a couple pix of the air inlet on my cowl for reference.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
OOOHHH, I like that!! An innie instead of an outie snorkel! I think I'm going to do that. I'll make a mold for it and lay it up separately and install it after the cowl is made. I plan to do the same for baffles for the engine. Thanks Matt!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Winter isn't lookin' so hot this year so far for mid-season flying. I'm hoping to have this ready to cover by mid-Jan or so, we'll see how the work schedule goes first though. I was browsing through pics of Matts plane looking that the cowl and now I have the urge to cover this thing yellow and blue:ugh!: I'll have to figure out a scheme for sure but it will be something kinda scale.