• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

ULTIMATE

New to GSN!
Terry BJ Craft and OXAI planes are going this route on the new planes! Full Flying Stab
70biside.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

3D-Joy

50cc
Its not like the Cap used to miss any elevator authority, flying stabs would be cool, but on another airframe IMO.
As for the fuselage lenght, I would stretch it big time especially considering the stab and elevator location are located completely in front of the rudder hinge line.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
This first step takes the longest because getting things laid out and proportioned right for CG is the first step. All the internal construction is easy. I really just got started on this last night since I've been working on wrapping up another project. This weekend we should have a cowl mold well in process.

120cc CAP 232-Model.jpg

Attachments

• 120cc CAP 232 Model (1).pdf
    24.6 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I love that wing and stab location.
Me wants one already.

Yea, after seeing how it comes together with surface size and location it's looking pretty good. I also should point out that I am not doing a traditional CAP wing where the top is flat and the bottom has dihedral. With the lightweight construction and power we have in today's engines it's kind of irrelevant and a hindrance to 3D as I see it. I also increased the height and depth of the rudder a bit to get the tip into cleaner post stall air. With the wing and stab placement there is going to be a lot of dirty air down low along the fuse.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Like the way you kept the stab high and ahead of the rudder. It's worth the trade off because thats is one of the things that make a Cap look so unique.