• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Great thread and build. Don't know how I missed it up until this point but nothing wrong with a relaxing full build thread read and a cup of coffee on a quiet morning.

Thanks I have a couple other things to cover before I start stuffing this airplane but o hope to fly this one before spring.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Slight change of plans. I found Syssa engines mount with 3 ears in a triangle fashion and would fit perfectly on the firewall. I then went to the Syssa website only to find those engines are made of gold!

But..... don't worry ole Cappy found one.
icon_smile.gif

I was just going to use a trusty G26 but me thinks this will power it much more better. I wanna hoover it ya know!
79637.jpeg
79634.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
I've been working on the Hots this week. Made up my pushrods tonight. 4-40 all thread 2" pieces, CF tubes, hysol epoxy, and brass tubing or cut off 22lr empty shells.

Not much room in the fuse for everything that needs to go in here. Guess I'm used to working on more spacious stuff.

Looks like balance is coming out just aft of spar. I'm going to fly it there and see how it does.

Curious to run this Syssa too. I don't think I've ever seen one before.
81587.jpeg
81590.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
Tried to maiden this afternoon. It was 40 something overcast and wind was only 12mph so pretty nice for January.
icon_eek.gif

Maiden didn't happen.
icon_evil.gif
I got some range issue to sort out. I think a satellite rx will solve that but the Hitec 5085 throttle servo let the magic smoke out. I've never had an issue with those before so I'm not sure what happened but I got more of them
icon_smile.gif

Jag got a few pics.... good news is the motor is the smoothest running motor I've ever seen!

Very first start of the Syssa