Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by capthis, Sep 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

I'll try to do that. There's a lot of lumber in these Ultra Hots. I think it I do another Hots it will be the 40 size to convert to electric. But you never know when I'll get a wild hare and cut a big one.

I have been covering some projects and am getting close to ready to start covering this Hots. I'll post pics as I do.

2. I didn't mention it but I have the 40 size plan also, on one sheet and incredibly small (the plan), and the model isn't real big. I'm old school and cant get my head wrapped around electric. "electrickery is the work of the devil, real model airplanes are powered by I.C. engines"

3. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

A while back I ordered from the air age store the 40, the super, another set of ultra, and the big Hots just so I'd have them.

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

You will soon learn cappy is a hoarder. Ask him about his Carden and hitec swervo collection.

5. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Wing and rons covered and now hinged. That wing eats ultracote!

76154.jpeg 76151.jpeg

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Thinking something like this for the scheme.... Thoughts??

295.jpg

Xpress likes this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Personally I don't like it but it's your airplane. Kinda like when you told me not to use green on a plane.

8. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

That's OK. I think it will look pretty good once completed and be easy to see in the air! :)

9. I like it. But I'd use blue or purple for the stripes cause I like em loud. :yesss:

10. capthis

capthis 70cc twin V2

Hmmmmm.... purple you say?

pawnshopmike likes this.