• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport CARF Pitts - Engine Upgrade

reyn3545

100cc
I spent all my money on planes. The only hot chicks I can afford comes from Zaxbys.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
speaking of a CARF Pitts, did anyone ever own a CARF Pitts S1-11? There was a banged up one for sale a while back and I think it's still in the guy's garage somewhere in Jersey.

My mistake, it was CA Models, never heard of them and confused it with CARF, also they didn't call it an S1-11, they called it by its full name SUper Stinker

Sorry for the thread drift!

reyn3545

100cc
Well.... I think it's time to start cranking on the motor! All connections are checked, the tail is back on the plane, and its fueled up. The only question is are the ignition modules reversed? If it doesn't fire after 10 flips or so on choke, I'll switch them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

reyn3545

100cc
Nothing extravagant.... Maybe some cellphone video of it running. I need to wait an hour or so to avoid nasty stares from the neighbors.

reyn3545

100cc
Crap.... Tried to get the plane started, it finally did start, ran fairly smooth, but only on 2 cylinders. I checked the plugs, wet. Fuel is getting to the carb. I swapped plug wires and ignition modules, still no fire on the back.

So, the ignition modules seem to be firing properly, but no matter which module I use, no fire on the back.

I'll pull the back carb off later and see if there's anything obvious, but other than that, I can't imagine what could be going wrong.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
so either module will make the front plugs fire but not the back? have you pulled the plugs and turned the engine to see if they're actually sparking or are you just going by which are firing when it's running?

reyn3545

100cc
I think I found the problem (I wish the Atlanta Falcons could find their problem).

I noticed earlier that the rear carb choke arm wasn't moving as far as the forward arm. So, the first thing I wanted to do was look at that. Loosening the bolts and twisting just a little seemed to resolve that problem, so I took the plane back outside... it's running on all 4!

I took a short video, nothing really to see. It's idling a little rough, seems very rich. I'll take a closer look at that some day soon, but I really just wanted to hear it running this weekend. I'm headed out of the country for a few days, so maybe I'll spend some more time with it towards the end of the week.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I think I found the problem (I wish the Atlanta Falcons could find their problem).

I noticed earlier that the rear carb choke arm wasn't moving as far as the forward arm. So, the first thing I wanted to do was look at that. Loosening the bolts and twisting just a little seemed to resolve that problem, so I took the plane back outside... it's running on all 4!

I took a short video, nothing really to see. It's idling a little rough, seems very rich. I'll take a closer look at that some day soon, but I really just wanted to hear it running this weekend. I'm headed out of the country for a few days, so maybe I'll spend some more time with it towards the end of the week.

Mike it says the video is private.